cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middle Names on Bank Accounts

dj_almio
Doni June A Member Since: May 6, 2015
1 of 11

Hi Moderators. I'm wondering about my LFT for the Philippines.

My bank account contains my Middle Name. Will I also write the name in the LFT account or the first and last name will be enough?

Also, what address will I write in the LFT page? The bank's or mine?

Best Regards,

Doni. 

kochubei_valeria
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Doni June,

The information you provide for Upwork has to match the information your bank has, so I suggest you include your middle name as well. Also, it has to be the account holder's address. 

Please, check this help article for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
dj_almio
Doni June A Member Since: May 6, 2015
3 of 11

Hi Valeria! Thanks for the help.

However, how can I edit my middle name in upwork?

kochubei_valeria
4 of 11

Hi Doni June,

In order to edit your profile name, please go to your Settings > Contact Info and then click Edit on the right. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
gen23
Genevieve S Member Since: Aug 25, 2015
5 of 11

Hi Valeria,

I do have a middlename in my bank account but my upwork account doesn't have. I'd like to know how can I include my middlename in my Upwork account. Should I include it on my firstname? or lastname?

Thanks!

kochubei_valeria
6 of 11

Hi Genevieve,

Sorry about the delayed response. You can add your middle name in the field together with your first name for it to match your bank account information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
albay2k
Geae R A Member Since: Sep 15, 2015
7 of 11

Hi!

The thread talks about middle name. How about middle name's initial? Does the principle still applies? My card has my middle name's initial. Should I also include even the period? I would also like to ask about the expiration date of my card. It does'nt have the expiration date on it. Can I just skip this part in setting up my payment method?

Thanks

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 11

@Geae A wrote:

Hi!

The thread talks about middle name. How about middle name's initial? Does the principle still applies? My card has my middle name's initial. Should I also include even the period? I would also like to ask about the expiration date of my card. It does'nt have the expiration date on it. Can I just skip this part in setting up my payment method?

--

Geae, what are you trying to set up? A PAYMENT method where YOU pay Upwork or a WITHDRAWAL method where you get your earnings?

For setting up a withdrawal method (for you to get money you earn to your bank) it does not ask for an expiry date, that's only when entering a credit card with which you pay freelancers you hire (or pay for Connects)

The name for your withdrawal method (see above) should be exactly as it appears on your bank statement (not the card) and must match your Upwork account name. Also, it needs ypur account number (NOT your card num

For a payment method (see above) it has to be a proper credit card, and that WILL have an expiry date, there isn't a credit card in the universe that doesn't have an expiry date.

Check you are setting up the right thing first, I suspect you are possibly in the wrong place...

albay2k
Geae R A Member Since: Sep 15, 2015
9 of 11

Hello Ms.Petra.

Your right. I overlooked the options on the dashboard. Thank you for your response.

Geae

gianpadrique
Gian Joven Bonn P Member Since: Sep 24, 2015
10 of 11

About the middle name, do I really need to use my full middle name or using just the middle initial is ok?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS