Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Elance client to Upwork [title edited]

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
1 of 11

Good morning, @Upwork!

An Elance colleague reports she has been sent an Upwork signup button, in which she has no interest. (I'm guessing Upwork has sent these out to Elance contractors who have not migrated, and who are seen as potential assets here.)

• Are any similar notices being sent to non-migrated Elance clients?
  • If so, what happens if a client accepts after already creating a separate account on Upwork?

Since in the particular case I know, Upwork is already aware that one of my clients has a de novo account on Upwork, is there a possibllity that any attempt by her to migrate would result in a forbidden duplicate account?

Thanks and best,

Michael

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 11

Hi Michael,

Clients see a reminder that they can migrate every time they log into their Elance account. If the client decides to migrate and they already have an existing account on Upwork, they will have an option to merge their accounts together.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

researchediting
Community Guru
3 of 11

Thanks, Valeria, that's very helpful. (And something you may have told us before, but who's counting?)

Best,

MM

researchediting
Community Guru
4 of 11

Valeria,

My client reports that when she logs into Elance the login page changes automatically, there's nothing in her inbox, and there are no prompts to migrate.

From my end, her Elance presence has disappeared from the lifetime earnings report.

May we infer that the migration is in process, or have we missed something?

Thanks and best,
Michael

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
5 of 11

Hi Michael,

She should still be able to use this page to log into her Elance account and there should be a button to migrate on her My Elance page until 7/31. If it still doesn't work, please send me a private message with her Elance username and we'll have somebody assist her.

~ Valeria
Upwork
researchediting
Community Guru
6 of 11
Thanks, Valeria! I believe my client was at least able to reach the page. When you have a moment, could you confirm whether the merge is in process or failed (e.g., never occurred, was requested too late, etc.)?

Thanks again,
MM
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
7 of 11

Hi Michael,

Could you please send me a private message with your Elance username? I will check her account and whether or not she migrated.

~ Valeria
Upwork
andreeaamar
Amarghioalei A Member Since: Aug 7, 2016
8 of 11

Hello. I did not receive an invite to migrate to Upwork and elance.com is no longer available. Is all my info lost forever or is there a chance to recover it?

Thank you!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
9 of 11

Hi Amarghioalei,

Please, try this link to log in and look for the link to migrate on your My Elance page.

~ Valeria
Upwork
davidpalgut
David P Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
10 of 11

Hi Valeria, 

I have the same problem as Amarghioalei and never received the link to migrate the client account to Upwork (I'm using only a new Freelancer account on upwork now). 

I saw in a post before that transfer was only possible until June? Have I lost the opportunity to transfer all my hiring reputation as a Client on Elance?

Thanks for your help. 

David 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS