cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone Due Date

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1 of 3

My apology if this topic has been raised before. I just submitted a milestone 2 days after the due date. I actually completed the work before the due date but was waiting for client feedback before submitting it, then realized today it was past the due date. Does anyone know if I incur a penalty of some kind for apparently not finishing the work on time? If so, is there a way to get the penalty waived when there's a mitigating circumstance like in this case?

Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

This is what Valeria wrote in another thread:

Hi All,

I would like to confirm that the deadlines for milestones are optional and the client can choose not to set it. Submitting work after the date specified will not directly affect your Job Success score. However, if you deliver work later than the client expects you to, you may receive bad feedback and that will affect your Job Success score.

Please also see my response about the same issue on this thread.

~ Valeria

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
3 of 3

That's a good question John. Probably you mean "penalty" from JS prospective.

I had something similar with one of clients couple month ago. 

What happened in my case was that email did not go thru with new mailing system. I was waiting for reply from client and client was waiting for finished job from me. And when he replied it became obvious after couple days overdue that he did not see the the email. He contacted me back (or I asked him if everything was OK - don't exactly remember).

Outcome was I simply resend the work done and we both were happy - got great feedback from him.

How it might affected JS I don't realy know.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS