🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestone Payment Reuested Half by Mistake
Page options
viveksharmaseo
Community Member

Milestone Payment Reuested Half by Mistake

Hey Upworkes,

Hope y'll doing good!

So, I have an issue about Payment, i.e. I have submit work for milestone and requested it's amout half by mistake (while client paid full already) and I got the half money but not getting any option to withdrawl the another half. I don't know from where I can get this? If you guys gave any knowledge about this, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Vivek

4 REPLIES 4
egaruth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You may want to follow up with your client and ask them to process a bonus payment for the time you spent working on their project.

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Nikola S wrote:You may want to follow up with your client and ask them to process a bonus payment for the time you spent working on their project.

Are you sure there is nothing in escrow? The way I read the pot the money is in escrow! In that case, a bonus would result in the client being charged again! 

According to what the OP wrote, it soundsed like the OP only requested half of the funded first milestone. (That is also the title of the post...) If that is the case, now there is the other half floating in escrow, which would mean the client needs to set up and activate a milestone, not pay a bonus...

egaruth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra and Vivek,

Thank you for flagging this. I am sorry for the confusion and inconvenience. I see that client already created a new milestone that probably includes the part from the previous milestone you mentioned.

It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You may reach out to the client to discuss the terms of further engagement and agree if they need to set up any additional milestones or issue a bonus payment for the work you have done. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Vivek S wrote:

have submit work for milestone and requested it's amout half by mistake (while client paid full already) and I got the half money but not getting any option to withdrawl the another half. I don't know from where I can get this? 

The client has to set up and activate a new milestone for the other half, using the remaining escrow funds.

Why did you only request only half?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths