🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestone approved when a contract is current...
Page options
lamphat
Community Member

Milestone approved when a contract is currently suspended will I get the money?

I have a contract that is currently suspended, the client needs the video urgently so he has approved the milestone (milestone status is turned to "paid", he said his card was charged, while the contract status is "Suspended") so I can upload my work, I'm new so I don't know if will I get the money of the paid milestone after 5 days like normal(?), should I send him the file (?) cos he needs it today.
Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Nguyen,

If the issue with your client's account is easily resolved, everything should progress as designed. However, we can't confirm if this is the case because we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. Please note that any work completed during the time a contract is paused is not covered by Upwork’s Payment Protection programs

~Andrea
Upwork
lamphat
Community Member

So that means I shouldn't send the file yet but he can get angry and cancel the contract, could you take a look at his case to lift the suspension thank you so much, the payment ref ID is 445987490

tagrendy
Community Member

I wouldn't If I was you. A contract can be suspended when there is an issue with the payment. Even if the client approved the milestone, he might've paid with a stolen credit card, in which case there will be a chargeback and the money will go back. It's suspicious to me that he wants the file urgently. I'd wait to see what the issue is that caused suspension and resume only when the issue is fixed.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members