🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestone contract
Page options
vandorius
Community Member

Milestone contract

Hello. I have a contract with definite milestones. I have successfully completed the first milestone but have not yet submitted/completed the milestone. I still have to reach 3 more milestones after the first milestone, but there is a setback from the customer because there are some problems with the 3D model the customer bought in an internet shop and he is waiting for a refund to buy another one. Now I do not know how to proceed in this case. I have read that I can lower my success rate if the contract is open. On the other hand, I do not want to close the contract because it is a good customer and I do not want to lose him. What is the best way to proceed in this case? Do I enter the first milestone and close the contract even if I still have 4 milestones to go?

I do not want to lose the customer or my success rate. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Andrej G wrote:

Hello. I have a contract with definite milestones. I have successfully completed the first milestone but have not yet submitted/completed the milestone.

You submit the first milestone if the work for the first milestone is done. There is no need to close the contract. 

Andrej G wrote:

I have read that I can lower my success rate if the contract is open.

Not if you have paid something under the contract at any point at all, and even then in takes a couple of months.

Andrej G wrote:

What is the best way to proceed in this case?

Just submit the first milestone (IF the work for it is completed) - then leave things well alone and wait for the client to fix stuff their end.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Andrej G wrote:

Hello. I have a contract with definite milestones. I have successfully completed the first milestone but have not yet submitted/completed the milestone.

You submit the first milestone if the work for the first milestone is done. There is no need to close the contract. 

Andrej G wrote:

I have read that I can lower my success rate if the contract is open.

Not if you have paid something under the contract at any point at all, and even then in takes a couple of months.

Andrej G wrote:

What is the best way to proceed in this case?

Just submit the first milestone (IF the work for it is completed) - then leave things well alone and wait for the client to fix stuff their end.

Thank You Petra!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members