🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestone deadline
Page options
16e2282b
Community Member

Milestone deadline

Hi,  I am new here and just got a project. have 2 initial dealines. client asked me to submit work on their shared drive which I did but they haven're reviewed and signed on it yet. I submitted my first milestone 4 days ago on their shared drive, and first deadline is due in 2 days. so I was early 6 days but they said they are not sure if they have tiem to review it. second done as well but don't want to send again if no results. should I submit through UpWork just in case? and how is this usually solved if the client doen't have time to check your milestone? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sofia2008
Community Member

Hi Adelina,

- always send work related to a milestone by clicking the Submit Work for Payment (even if you send the work elsewhere and are not attaching it to the payment request. In the message box, you can say : Work submitted to shared drive (for exemple).

- never work on a milestone that is not funded. (you might have been too fast to work on the second milestone as the first milestone has to be paid for the second milestone to be funded.) Do not send that work until the first milestone is paid, and the second one is funded.

Here is a help article for getting paid

Get Paid for Fixed-Price Contracts – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sofia2008
Community Member

Hi Adelina,

- always send work related to a milestone by clicking the Submit Work for Payment (even if you send the work elsewhere and are not attaching it to the payment request. In the message box, you can say : Work submitted to shared drive (for exemple).

- never work on a milestone that is not funded. (you might have been too fast to work on the second milestone as the first milestone has to be paid for the second milestone to be funded.) Do not send that work until the first milestone is paid, and the second one is funded.

Here is a help article for getting paid

Get Paid for Fixed-Price Contracts – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

16e2282b
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. insightful. was ready to send the second one too. but instead will just attach the first for them to start reviewing and the payment to be approved. and then attach the second once the first one is paid. thank you

Adding to Sophie's advice: Only submit your work/request payment  release for each milestone once. A client has 14 days to review your work. He or she can either pay you immediately, or within the 14 days ask for a revision (be careful of this, do not allow scope creep) or if they don't respond at all within 14 days, Upwork will automatically release the funds to you. . 

If you resubmit your work, the 14-day process starts again from scratch. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members