🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestone/fixed price ghosted by client witho...
Page options
k_rothauge
Community Member

Milestone/fixed price ghosted by client without payment

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone had an experience with a client who created a milestone/didn't fund it/work was delivered and client dissappeared without paying.

This just happened to me and I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks,

Kirstie

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

If this is what happened to you, then you made a mistake.

But that's okay!

MANY new freelancers have made a similar mistake. Don't take it personally.

This will help you remember to not do the same thing in the future.

Next time, don't work for free.

scientistbhoot
Community Member

Hi Kristie,

Next time you do a fixed price job, when finished, just submit your work via "Submit Work" button from My Jobs page. Then you can stay risk free.

Thanks.

Md. Morshed A wrote:

Hi Kristie,

Next time you do a fixed price job, when finished, just submit your work via "Submit Work" button from My Jobs page. Then you can stay risk free.

How would you suggest she do that when there is no "submit work" button because the milestone isn't funded? (Hint: She can't)

The answer is not to work on unfunded milestones.

Petra R wrote:

How would you suggest she do that when there is no "submit work" button because the milestone isn't funded? (Hint: She can't)

The answer is not to work on unfunded milestones.

Ya, that's the thing...

ahammed_farid
Community Member

Same thing happened with me long time ago, Client did fund half of total agreed amount and I did finish the project, later on I found out he paid half then starting following up with the client and showed him agreed amount, Even checked with Upwork support they suggested to check with client.

Later on client paid due amount.

Sometimes client disappear Once project finish even they don't end contract.

Better to check with client anyhow you can contact, Check client's history, may be you will get or may not .

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Kirstie R wrote:

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone had an experience with a client who created a milestone/didn't fund it/work was delivered and client dissappeared without paying.

This just happened to me and I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks,

Kirstie

1. Don't work on unfunded milestones

2. Read the relevant info provided by UW so you understand how to use the platform.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members