🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestone funded but total amount is bigger
Page options
bad40d92
Community Member

Milestone funded but total amount is bigger

Hi, I just did a projec for a client successfully, So he needed more work so invited me to another job for further work. Now I bid 30$ for the job in my proposal but the offer he sent me looks like the image below.So, my question is how much money will I be getting? 15$ or 30$.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Complete the first milestone. Submit it. Get it released. Then (and only then) the client can activate and fund the second milestone.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

That $30 number is meaningless.

$15 is how much was funded for this task.

$15 is how much you will receive.

After talking with him, he added another milestone but only first one has been funded, Now how much money will I get after job completion?

petra_r
Community Member

Complete the first milestone. Submit it. Get it released. Then (and only then) the client can activate and fund the second milestone.

Hi there.

I am fairly new to Upwork and I am posting this here as my problem seems similar to the above submission. 

I am doing a job where the agreed budget is $40. However, the client has only funded $5, and with the 'submit work for approval button' I cannot submit work for the whole amount, only for the $5. How do I go about ensuring I am paid the full amount for the job, I am worried that if I submit the $5 milestone that is all I will get for the job. 

I have attached the way the client has submitted the milestone as a screenshot. 

Thanks so much,

Daniel 

Daniel M F wrote:

However, the client has only funded $5, and with the 'submit work for approval button' I cannot submit work for the whole amount, only for the $5.

Theoretically you actually can. You can simply edit the amount. HOWEVER, that way you are not in any way protected. If the client does not approve the request for $40, you would only get paid $5. The agreed budget is irrelevant. All that matters is what is funded and in escrow.

What I would do is submit nothing to the client using the "for the initiation of the project" milestone, requesting $5, and then have the client fund and activate the "for the rest of priject" milestone, then submit the actual work against that. Strictly speaking that is fine because the project was started, so the first milestone, as it has been set, was completed.

Daniel M F wrote:

I am worried that if I submit the $5 milestone that is all I will get for the job. 

Yes, that is a very justified worry. In future, don't accept contracts that aren't funded the way that was agreed.

Thanks so much for the quick and helpful response Petra, I will indeed submit only under the second milestone once client has initiated it, that's very good advice. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths