🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Milestone not accepting
Page options
graphic_designr
Community Member

Milestone not accepting

I have a got a deal with a client for 40$ and created the milestone for 40$ at due at 21-feb and after dealing I requested an other Milestone of 10$ at 21-feb same day. And after completing my work I submitted the work in Milestone 1 at 21-feb. The client messaged me tha he liked the work. But still he has not released payment for Milestone 1 and same for Milestone 2
And now he is not responding for previous 3 days. What should I do? How will i get paid?
8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Zeeshan,

You will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran V
I have submitted the work and at Milestone of 40$ and it is active. But what about the second Milestone of 10$ which still inactive and its due was 21-feb. Do I have to submit my work again after 14 days for 2nd Milestone payment?

Hi Zeeshan,

Please keep in mind that in order for your client to be able to activate the second milestone the first one will need to pay. I would suggest communicating further with your client regarding your tasks and date of delivery. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I understand this but he is not responding for previous 3 days. I
messaged him but he is offline. In this case what should I do, either
contact support or just wait for 14 days for Milestones acceptance
automatically?

Zeeshan A wrote:
 I messaged him but he is offline. In this case what should I do, either
contact support or just wait for 14 days for Milestones acceptance
automatically?

There is nothing to contact support for. The client has 14 days, and the client knows where you are. There is no need to do anything at this point. 

Ok thanks for the help and guidance.

If the second milestone is inactive, you won't be able to submit against it unless the client returns and activates it. Have you properly submitted milestone 1 through the "submit for payment" option on the contract?

Yes I have submitted it properly and client responded me 3 days back in the
inbox that he got the work and he like it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths