🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestone process is very tedious for client
Page options
tomzilla1
Community Member

Milestone process is very tedious for client

Just a feedback for Upwork - the milestone process is very tedious for clients. In my opinion you guys should cut down the steps of "Approval" - most clients would think that they Activated & Funded means it's approved/money released to freelancer, but no, there's the "Approval" - if you cut down this step you'd save 50% time for all clients I know of.

2 REPLIES 2
tlsanders
Community Member

Approval is a wholly optional step if the client chooses to release the funds before the very thing you describe here happens automatically. 

Sounds like you're advocating auto-release of funds instantly upon submission with no opportunity for client to review. I'm not at all sure clients would prefer to save 90 seconds per milestone by losing the ability to review submissions before funds were released. 

I have no idea what you're referring to and please don't speak for me thank you - what I'm pointing out is clients ask me things like "i've already paid (funding), am I going to get charged again" they don't understand why there's two steps, they think funding means I'm paid, but I have to explain to them everytime "no you paid upwork, you have to accept it to release the funds" and it's in my experience always something a painpoint for busy clients who don't have much time to do the same thing twice. 90 seconds to you may be nothing but to these clients 90 seconds adds up and mean a whole lot more.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members