🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestone proposals to existing contracts not...
Page options
silvana_oliveira
Community Member

Milestone proposals to existing contracts not working

Hello!

First of all. Upwork is constantly making changes to its website, and unfortunately what was once practical and straightforward is now incredibly complicated. Too many features that aren't really essential, too many pages, too many links...it was WAY EASIER to use Upwork 2 years ago.

I have to seek help to know how to ask for help on a website. This clearly didn't have to be this way (like in the past, it wasn't). Also chatting should be done with a human being, way faster, way easier.

TIME IS MONEY! 

On to the question...

I have been submitting new milestones to existing contracts but they are not reaching the client. They show up there for me when I do them but the client never gets them and when I go back there to check it out maybe 1 hour later it isn't there anymore. The client always has to create new milestones and then it works. It never happened in the past, but in my last 2 milestones they simply do not go through.

Any light? Thanks in advance for all the help!

Please make Upwork SIMPLE and STRAIGHT TO THE POINT as it was in the past!

Regards 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for letting me know.

I tried that get help button, but it was grey and did not work. The other
buttons, such as the one about the community was green.

Have a great weekend!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Silvana,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced trying to contact us. Remember that if you're having trouble finding an answer, press the "Get Help" button at the bottom of any help center page to get connected with an agent. 

To your question, when you propose a milestone to a client, the request must be activated within 24 hours or they will expire, which is likely the reason why your client isn't seeing the milestone. Sorry for rushing on my previous answer and most definitely for the trouble you've been experiencing proposing milestones, it is by design that these requests expire after 24 hours. However, it appears there was an issue with the client receiving those notifications. We made some adjustments to fix that. Please, let us know if the client doesn't receive your requests in the future.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks for letting me know.

I tried that get help button, but it was grey and did not work. The other
buttons, such as the one about the community was green.

Have a great weekend!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members