🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestone rejected by Upwork
Page options
asilarslan
Community Member

Milestone rejected by Upwork

My customer placed an order through the project catalogue. It looked like his payment was in escrow. And while I was working this job, after a while i got a warning that the contract has been paused by Upwork. I submitted and completed the work before paused by Upwork. My customer seems to have a problem with the payment. But before starting work, his payment was showing in escrow. My customer does not respond after paused. I think i wasted my time.

Wasn't his payment in escrow?

What will i do?

24 REPLIES 24
tagrendy
Community Member

Wasn't his payment in escrow?

What will i do?

Is it not showing in Escrow anymore? If not, then the client might have used stolen card or issued a chargeback. If it is, can be another reason for suspension. Regardless, you should stop working until it is resolved. And yes, it is possible that it is resolved by you not getting a payment. All you can do now is work on other projects and wait for either payment being cleared or not.

Hi Tatevik,

It is showing in escrow. I have completed some of the work. I sent it to the client for review. Then this event occurred. The customer is not responding.

I know waiting is difficult but there is not much else you can do. If there was no issue with the payment, you should automatically receive it after 14 days of submission, if it wasn't it will be reverted back. Either way, it is out of your hands at the moment. Try to focus on other projects. 

I was hoping for it but unfortunately it didn't happen. 14 days have passed. today is day 15. But milestone rejected by Upwork.

Do you see anything that indicates the milestone is rejected? Sometimes the automatic release doesn't happen on time. There were some users that had their money stuck in Escrow for 22 days and it was due to technical issue, rather than the payment. I think customer service can only clarify exactly what's going on, this is a frustrating situation indeed.

Yes i see that;

We are investigating a problem with XXXX’s account. Please do not resume work until the contract is active again.

Payment is showing in escrow and i submitted milestone. Waited 14 days but automatically receive not worked.

That doesn't necesserily mean there is an issue with payment in Escrow, the client may have broken other Upwork ToS rules, you should contact support about why your payment has not been released after 14 days to check if it's related to Client's account issues or there is a bug in Upwork system delaying the release.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Asil,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you.

Hi Goran,

No one contacted me, what should I do?

Hi Asil,

Our team will resend your ticket shortly and you should be able to view it here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I didn't receive yet. Is it take long time?

Hi Asil,

I followed up with the team and they've already reached out. Please check your ticket here

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey Andrea,

I think my customer account is stolen. Because, he added fake account in chat. Nobody answers. It was interesting to me. These accounts need to be examined. To other freelancers fraud may occur.

Hi Asil,

Could you please share more details about the problem you're experiencing? I checked your ticket with the number 33954040 and the last update was from our end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

In the chat section, he adds other users to the chat section. user is active. not responding to me. I think he can scam other freelancers. Check chat section please.

asilarslan
Community Member

still no solution to my problem..

asilarslan
Community Member

As I understand I will not be able to receive my payment because the customer made a chargeback. I trusted the money to be in escrow. I've done my job for the client. Client stopped responding. I spent time and effort.

fad075cd
Community Member

Yeah, this is happening to me right now. The guy seemed nice and genuine. It's about the be 3 weeks tomorrow an I still don't see anything for a Fixed Price Project that I worked on.

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any active milestones at this moment. You can contact your client directly to check for the next milestone. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
amandeepkumar214
Community Member

hey, I have been also facing this issue. After 14 days, I got a message from Upwork " Your last submission of milestone has been rejected because of an issue with the client's paying method or insufficient funds. Payment is showing in "escrow".  when I was doing work then I got the message "paused by Upwork" but I had completed the work before getting this message. . What should I do next? can I send the report again and wait for 14 days?

Hi Amandeep,

I am sorry to hear about your contract. It looks like there is an issue with your Client's payment method. Your contract will be automatically restored as soon as the issue is resolved by the client. I suggest you wait until the contract is restored.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
amandeepkumar214
Community Member

Thank you. How much time it will take to solve this issue?

Hi Amandeep,

It depends on how soon the client resolves the issue on their account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members