Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone

riggle55
Ace Contributor
Debra R Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
1 of 5

When you put in a milestone, do you put in the milestone amount - say half of the entire amount - or do you put in the entire amount of the job?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

yes, that stupid addition is the most annoying part of the bidding process now. What you put there is your bid unless you want to spend too much time making milestones for a project you haven't even won yet.

View solution in original post

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 5

@Jennifer M wrote:

yes, that stupid addition is the most annoying part of the bidding process now. What you put there is your bid unless you want to spend too much time making milestones for a project you haven't even won yet.

I love it. It short circuits the whole process where clients want to create a 50% milestone for the first draft of a project and that sort of thing.

I think that's well worth the extra 45 seconds or so it takes to type up a bid.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 5

Why would that fix the 50% thing?

I hate it. The only thing I need is a text box and an amount. I don't want extra poop in there. So now I just put something stupid in the text box as a milestone cuz I dunno what milestones I'll have until I talk to the person.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

@Debra R wrote:

When you put in a milestone, do you put in the milestone amount - say half of the entire amount - or do you put in the entire amount of the job?

It depends.

If it is a small job, a few hundred $ or so, I go with one milestone. Larger jobs, especially with new clients,  with clearly defined deliverables, can be broken up into more than one.

The main thing to remember is to make sure not to hand over more work than is funded.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS