Did you mean: 

Milestones - again

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 23

@Rene K wrote:

I would like to provide a practical example why I find this annoying:

Client gives you the first document and founds the milestone 1. The second document is ready while you're still translating the first one. The client would love that you start working on the second document while they are reviewing the first one.

This won't happen since they must release milestone 1 before funding milestone 2.

Annoying.

Yup, totally agree with you - and I have no idea why that is not currently possible. It should be.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
22 of 23

Petra, you might refer to yourself as a "tech idiot" ... but when clients and providers can not figure it out something is very wrong with the setup.

As Rene pointed out - the current process is severely flawed.  His example of translation is equally applicable to any number of other categories.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
23 of 23

Hi All,

A few posts have been removed from this thread. While we appreciate your participation and feedback, please be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other Community members and Upwork staff.

A few points to note:

- A client is able to either fund one or several milestones when they make a fixed-price offer.

- On an active contract, milestones have to be released in order and new one can be funded only if the previous one was released. This is the way it works currently, however we are considering making changes to the system.

- On Elance funds couldn't stay funded in Escrow indefinitely. This process on Upwork is very similar to the way it worked on Elance.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS