🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestones in the future
Page options
stijnlamers
Community Member

Milestones in the future

Hi Upwork,

I have an improvement suggestion. Is it an idea to give an overview of milestones in time. Like an agenda on Upwork on which you can see what milestones you have in the future. I currently work with an app on the side on which I plan my current activities. I think it would be very handy to keep this on Upwork.

It might also work for your clients as a way of keeping them updated on the progress you are making on that specific contract. The client can only see the progress you are making on their contract and their place and time in the agenda but are not able to see your full schedule or other assignments. Is this something that might be of use for other freelancers as well?

Kind regards,

Stijn Lamers

2 REPLIES 2
a_lipsey
Community Member

Stijn L wrote:

Hi Upwork,

I have an improvement suggestion. Is it an idea to give an overview of milestones in time. Like an agenda on Upwork on which you can see what milestones you have in the future. I currently work with an app on the side on which I plan my current activities. I think it would be very handy to keep this on Upwork.

It might also work for your clients as a way of keeping them updated on the progress you are making on that specific contract. The client can only see the progress you are making on their contract and their place and time in the agenda but are not able to see your full schedule or other assignments. Is this something that might be of use for other freelancers as well?

Kind regards,

Stijn Lamers

I can see where this would be beneficial as a freelancer to see a calendar of all my milestones in tandem, regardless of client, but I DO NOT want my clients to know what other work is on my calendar.  Perhaps if it was completely deidentified and just said "other milestone due", but I really don't want them to get any ideas regarding my availability other than what I have directly told them. 

However I do like the idea just for the freelancer to see like a list of deadlines with milestones. I also use outside project management software. It would actually be nice if there was some kind of integration between milestones here and some of the PM platforms like Wrike or Asana or even simply with calendars so you can send milestones as calendar events to your calendar of choice. Is that what you had in mind? Or something similar?

lysis10
Community Member

Stijn L wrote:

Hi Upwork,

Kind regards,

Stijn Lamers

Yeah, I've often thought a calendar of events that showed you what you need to do for the week or the day would be a nice addition.

I don't get my hopes up for these things. I'm just happy the smiley face emoji was redone and doesn't look like I'm overly excited or laughing at the client when I make a comment. I like my smiley faces to be mildly enthusiastic not batpoop crazy happy. Upwork has placated me into appreciating the simple things. I dont' like to get all crazy hopeful for things that you mention.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members