cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestones

c71d7b75
Charles F Member Since: Sep 6, 2016
1 of 6

Once I asked a client to create a milestone which I finished before the previous one . He said he can't pay the later one before approving the previous one.

Is there a restriction like that?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

@Charles F wrote:

Once I asked a client to create a milestone which I finished before the previous one . He said he can't pay the later one before approving the previous one.

Is there a restriction like that?

Yes. A client can only set up and fund either all milestones in advance, or add and fund a further one once the previous one has been approved.

Your client can now either release the first one and set up the second, or just pay you for the work you did before the first milestone was done via a bonus.

c71d7b75
3 of 6

Thank you Petra. I wish to seek further advice.

My situation is this. I do ad-hoc work which is not a daily exercise. (call it X) But I do different type of work for the same client on a daily basis, at an agreed monthly payment (Y). Though I agreed, there is no separate contract. So he pays for X whenever I complete a milestone. When I asked him to create a milestone for Y, he said then he cannot pay for X even if completed, until he pays for Y, which is due at the end of the month.

What is the solution? Can he offer me two contracts at the same time? 

tks & rgds

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

@Charles F wrote:

What is the solution? Can he offer me two contracts at the same time? 

tks & rgds

Yes he can, or, as I said previously, he can just pay the extra you've done as a bonus.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 6

re: " I do ad-hoc work which is not a daily exercise. (call it X) But I do different type of work for the same client on a daily basis"

It seems to me that it would be much simpler to use an hourly contract.

c71d7b75
6 of 6

Thank you

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS