🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestones
Page options
c58e523f
Community Member

Milestones

I appreciate if you can explain to me just the part related to the milestone. how many milestones I have to introduce and how the price should be introduced. based on the budget client? because some projects are not identified how long it takes time for the work to get finished!!
I read the information regarding submitting proposals, but there is no information about the number of it and the price!
I appreciate if you can kindly support me with this issue.

Best regards
2 REPLIES 2
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Firoozeh,

If you expect the projects you work on to require varying lengths of time, you should consider doing them under the hourly structure, which helps you avoid having to deal with client demands that increase without an increase in pay and also, under Upwork's rules, reduces your risk of client claims for refunds.

The only way a freelancer can absolutely assure payment under a fixed-price contract is to eventually win at arbitration. Upwork's payment protection system works very well for hourly projects, as long as you properly use the TimeTracker app. Just be sure not to start work on a project until Upwork confirms that the client's payment method has been approved.

When you agree to work on fixed price jobs -

a) be very specific on what your deliverables are for each milestone (and agree with the client what deliverables are not included in your proposal, if there is any chance of a misunderstanding)

b) frontload milestones (collect as much money as you can with early milestones rather than taking most of your income on the back end of the project)

c) don't start work on any milestone until Upwork's system shows 1) that milestone is fully funded by the client and 2) you have been paid in full for all previous milestones on the same project.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your kind help
and the amount that I choose for each milestone should totally be equal to
the budget of client, or I can put my work price?
regards
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members