🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Military Inclusion
Page options
77d2c9c3
Community Member

Military Inclusion

I woke up to see 'Military Veteran' on my profile settings and I'm very sure I didn't add that verification because I'm not in military, I have tried removing it but its not working, how do I remove it?

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Uloma B wrote:

I woke up to see 'Military Veteran' on my profile settings and I'm very sure I didn't add that verification because I'm not in military, I have tried removing it but its not working, how do I remove it?

There is nothing of the sort visible on your profile.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Uloma,

Could you please clarify where exactly you're seeing this? Feel free to share a screenshot from your end as well (keep in mind to cover/edit any private details you might catch). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Uloma B wrote:

I believe that's a tag that US freelancers are able to add to their profile. Since that doesn't apply to you, you should not be able to select it. 

It is in our view of our own profiles.

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 13-02-21 Freelancer Profile.png

When selecting the + a popup open:

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 13-02-41 Freelancer Profile.png

It might have to do with this.

Well, regardless of what military you might or might not have served, I'd love to hear all about your battles no matter the context, Jennifer! 😍

Jennifer R wrote:

It is in our view of our own profiles.

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 13-02-21 Freelancer Profile.png

When selecting the + a popup open:

It might have to do with this.

Interesting. I've never seen it on my profile. 

kinector
Community Member

Uloma B wrote:

Uloma, maybe you just got drafted? And Upwork knows about it before you do!

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Uloma,

I believe you're viewing your profile in the "editing" mode that's only visible to you. You will see a new option to add a Military Veteran status on your profile if applicable. However, unless you actually add that information to your profile, it will not be visible to others.

For more information about this new options, please see this announcement.

~ Valeria
Upwork
celineyjs
Community Member

I also saw that on my profile a few days ago, I just select the "+" sign right beside the "Military Veteran" and when the pop-up appears, select "I did not serve in the military" and then they'll say it wouldn't appear on your profile publicly. Everyone else can't see that so don't worry about it. 🙂

I thought Upwork created this new feature and that everyone has that option, and I'm not from the US...😅

stationerynomad
Community Member

I noticed the same thing. it's always there (unlike other setting options) but whenever I click on "public view" it's not there. When I click to edit it and say I've never served in the military, it defaults back to veteran status. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members