Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mind power in idle state

creativedigit
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
1 of 5

You wake up in the morning, prepare your coffee and sit on your desk to start working. However, that organ called "brain" doesn't seem to be working right today. You try hard but without luck.

Here's a few tips that could help you feel refreshed again and boost your mind:

- Eat your breakfast. If you're on diet make sure to have some sugar because it gives you energy. Fruits should be fine.

- Have a little walk. Exercise is very essential for our bodies and minds.

- Change location. If you have a laptop it may help if you go to some calm location or coffee shop to change mood and work for some time there.

- Have enough sleep. Doctors recommend an average of 7-8 sleeping hours per day (I know I am laughing too, but it's right).

OK those are the things that always work for me. You have your own tips? Please list them below and let us know about them.

Best regards,
Wassim

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 5

When writing on intricate topics, I tend to be most creative at night, when everything is quiet, for some reason. There is nothing that soothes me more, nor gets my creativeness up and running, than a cup of coffee next to me, total silence in a sleeping house, and my laptop's keyboard. Things just seem to happen. In these instances, as today, daytime tends to be for research, making notes, and copy-pasting relevant information to be used when silence reigns.

When busy with work of a less strenuous mental variety, daytime seems to work just fine!

evetodew
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
3 of 5

Nothing keeps me fresh and awake better than a good night's sleep. I hate feeling drousy and no breakfast, walk or coffee helps me. So, if I had slept just a few hours, I know my entire day would be ruined if I don't get a nap some time around noon. That usually does the work.

Otherwise, yes, Wassim, all of these are great tips! I agree with all of them. While I like working late too, I notice that when I wake up late my brain kicks off more slowly. When I wake up early and has slept well (7-8 hrs) my brain is super fresh. I thought for years that I am an owl, but it turns out as an owl late mornings aren't making me as productive as I need to be. So, with late mornings I waste more time (and coffee) to reboot my brain, while with early mornings it's automatic!

So, I'm considering fixing that and completely switching my regime. I've been doing it for almost two weeks already and am super pleased with my early mornings. Often they are as quiet as late evenings, when people are still sleeping. I like that too Smiley Happy

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 5

Yes! Sleep is very important!

My sister and I binge drank in December because we're both cutting down on alcohol (not all though lol).

Working out definitely helps too.

I guess I"m addicted to caffeine because I can't think without it. I've made proposals and proofed and told myself to be especially careful before coffee when I'm here, and I still make stupid typos. I should not type or speak before coffee. lol

creativedigit
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
5 of 5

Waking up too early in the morning is absolutely wonderful. However, sometimes I can't resist the temptation of staying awake all night with friends & family Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS