🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Minimal Response on Proposals in May
Page options
phillipstia
Community Member

Minimal Response on Proposals in May

Hello,

I have submitted a large amount of proposals in the month of May with very little result. I have never posted here before, because most questions I have had over the last couple of years have a response in the history somewhere.  But I want to reach out to see if it's me or if it's the current market. I am curious if anyone else is having a slow month?  Or is there something I should be doing differently?  

Thanks for any help/feedback,

Tia Phillips

4 REPLIES 4
77e6df13
Community Member

Same **Edited for Community Guidelines**.. After a large amount of porposals still no answer at all...

madison-russell
Community Member

Things have been slow since COVID, especially if you work US-only contracts. Sometimes there are just general lulls too. Another thing to consider is that more people are joining the platform and freelancers are taking on more work because many people are out of jobs, so the market is more competitive. Just keep trying, but freelance is always a bit of a risk and some months you may have little or no income at all.

This makes sense.  As of now, Upwork is the only platform I use. I think I will start looking at ways to diversify so I can land more jobs.  I do this VERY part time and don't really need to make a ton of money, but I do love it and like to keep busy. I am spenidng more time writing proposals lately than in actual projects.  

Thanks for your response! I also may open up to contracts that are not US only.  My feed has been stuck on that lately, and I'm not sure how that became the default.  lol

Thanks again,

Tia 

22ea2d33
Community Member

Yes, I am also experiencing the same! 😞

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members