🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Minimum Hours for Contract
Page options
cfosterjones
Community Member

Minimum Hours for Contract

Hi, I was just wondering if there is a minimum number of hours me or my client can set for a weekly contract at an agreed rate. I know more hours may be added later, but is there a floor like for fixed-price at $5? I would like to set a contract for 1 hour or less with a certain client because it's a small amount of work but unclear how small, and they're worried about trust and costs. Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Chloe, 

Thanks for clarifying, we do not have this feature, unfortunately. The client can set it up using whole numbers but not in minutes. Since this is a weekly limit, you can work for a week with 1 hour limit if the client agrees, or he/she can have this set to 0 hours and the client just pays you a bonus, if your client chooses the latter, it's probably best if you and your client use a Fixed price contract. 

~ Riri

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

They can actually set 0 hours at minimum.

Oh okay great, do you know about fractions? Like half an hour or whatever? Thanks for prompt answer!
nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Chloe,

I want to clarify that fixed-price contracts don't have an hourly component. If you and your client have agreed to working at a fixed-price contract, you can work on the project as much time as you need, provided you meet the agreed time/deadline that the project needs to be completed. You may read up on this help article for more information about the difference of hourly and fixed-price contracts.

~ Riri

I understand this, I usually work on fixed price projects. Because of the specific open ended nature here I'm unsure how to set my fee, so a short hourly contract would be ideal for my needs.

Hi Chloe, 

Thanks for clarifying, we do not have this feature, unfortunately. The client can set it up using whole numbers but not in minutes. Since this is a weekly limit, you can work for a week with 1 hour limit if the client agrees, or he/she can have this set to 0 hours and the client just pays you a bonus, if your client chooses the latter, it's probably best if you and your client use a Fixed price contract. 

~ Riri

That makes sense, thanks for explaining!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members