cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum horly wage

Nikhil M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
1 of 12
A freelancer agreed to work on $4.44/hr. which was also his profile rate. But I could not hire him at less than $5/hr because of oDesk policy. oDesk does not allow me hire anyone at less than $5/hr. even if the profile rate is $4.44/hr. I am now posting all my jobs as fixed price job. And I hate fixed price jobs because it is very convenient to manage long term jobs as hourly. Now, my and freelancer's time is wasted in estimating cost for each task. Who is responsible for the this wasted time in negotiations? oDesk was very convenient before, just post a job and hire a good freelancer at the agreed hourly rate or at his profile rate and get the work done without estimating costs etc. What happened with oDesk now?
Riasat A Member Since: Mar 3, 2012
2 of 12
This is bad situation both for contractors and clients. Fixation of minimum wage is time wasting as the client is unable to hire contractors on higher rates and since then I didn't have worked out even an hour due to this situation. No one is willing to hire any contractor at high rates.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
3 of 12
*No one is willing to hire any contractor at high rates. * Of course they are. Do you mean "noone at the bottom end of the market is willing....?" Then make yourself better and move yourself up to a place where they are willing to pay more.
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
4 of 12
[quote=Stephen B.]*No one is willing to hire any contractor at high rates. * Of course they are. Do you mean "noone at the bottom end of the market is willing....?" .[/quote] Stephen seems your tired and frustrated?? Smiley Happy
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
5 of 12
If I'm tired it's not on account of oDesk Smiley Tongue, As for frustrated, yes - at ridiculous generalisations that don't help any discussion...
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
6 of 12
What's a horly wage and is it tax-deductible? Just asking. For a friend.
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
7 of 12
lol [quote=-darren- J.]For a friend.[/quote] Sure, that's what they all say.
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
8 of 12
No *blushes* it really is *shuffles feet* for a friend. Honestly. *looks down*
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
9 of 12
Someone else should do it and let me know if it is safe. Smiley Happy
Community Leader
André U Member Since: Dec 5, 2013
10 of 12
I have clicked on it and still cannot tell if it's safe or not. haha Smiley Tongue
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS