🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Miscellaneous Payment
Page options
f63617d3
Community Member

Miscellaneous Payment

Hello

I Processed a job yesterday for $20 USD. The job name is: Photoshop images to brighten/add natural light look

In the contract details it shows the client has paid $20 USD, but if I go to Report---> Overview

The client has paid only $5 USD successfully, Balance of $15 USD is not paid successfully it shows under "miscellaneous payment option".

The same thing happen in my previous contract, I did a job for $50 USD on 20th Nov 2021, he has paid only $25 USD Balance of $25 USD is still under the "miscellaneous" payment option. Almost 2 months passed. recently I contacted the upwork to let them know that I didn't receive the balance payment of $ 25USD, one of the Upwork community members said the $25 USD is not paid successfully.

So dear upwork please contact this client and let him know to pay my balance of $15 USD correctly before he ends the contract.

Thanks

Amri

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
f63617d3
Community Member

Oh really...

Okay, then this is a suggestion. Get rid of the "miscellaneous payment" option from every client side.

So freelancer's would not face these kinds of payment issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came to know there is no solution from Upwork to this kind of problem from your reply.

So no need for any reply to this post from your side.

Have a great day!

Thanks

Amri

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed A wrote:

In the contract details it shows the client has paid $20 USD, but if I go to Report---> Overview The client has paid only $5 USD successfully,

How come you didn't learn to not work unless the contract is hourly and you track your time properly, or the contract is fixed rate and the milestones are fully funded the first time this happened?

Mohamed A wrote:

So dear upwork please contact this client and let him know to pay my balance of $20 USD correctly before he ends the contract.

You'll have to do that yourself. Upwork doesn't manage your contracts on your behalf. You do. That's your job as a business owner.

When you go to Reports Overview > Pending, can you see a date in the left-hand column against the $15 payment? That is the date the payment will become available if the client's payment method was successfully charged.

f63617d3
Community Member

If I see a date I would not post here...

It shows only Pending there is no any date under the job name.

petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed A wrote:

If I see a date I would not post here...

It shows only Pending there is no any date under the job name.

Then that client's payment method has not been successfully charged.

In the future, pay attention to how contracts are funded. If only $5 is funded, then you only do $5 worth of work. There is no protection or assistance or anything available for promised money or bonus payments or anything of that type.

f63617d3
Community Member

Petra R

Thank you for your reply. It's there any way to get my balance of $15 USD before he ends the contract? I contacted him and explain the matter, no reply from him yet.

Is it possible for you to contact the client and ask to pay me the balance payment, please...

petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed A wrote:

Thank you for your reply. It's there any way to get my balance of $15 USD before he ends the contract?

Whether the contract is open or closed is irrelevant. It is unlikely that the client will end the contract anyway.

And no, Upwork doesn't contact clients to discuss your payment.

f63617d3
Community Member

Oh really...

Okay, then this is a suggestion. Get rid of the "miscellaneous payment" option from every client side.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came to know there is no solution from Upwork to this kind of problem from your reply.

So no need for any reply to this post from your side.

Have a great day!

Thanks

Amri

petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed A wrote:

Get rid of the "miscellaneous payment" option from every client side.

Why? Those are for bonuses and expense payments. They are not meant to be used to pay for work.
If you had made sure that the milestone was properly funded, you'd not be running into this kind of situation. And if you run into it, it would be only once, not twice.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members