🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Missed Upwork’s VIP services Interview, What ...
Page options
redoun-ullah
Community Member

Missed Upwork’s VIP services Interview, What to do?

Yeah, I'm a mess, I missed the chance twice! I'm sorry. It was a total misunderstanding. It said 11.00 Am and I read 1.00 PM.

But, isn't there any way to make it all right? I still have more than 90% job success rate. My Top Rated Eligible week is 16 out of 16. Everything is alright. I emailed the talent agent (If you're reading this, sorry again!), she said, she could not grant me the chance second time. I figured, it was not upworks algorithm, it was her choice. So I'm asking if anyone could help me out here or tell me what to do. I really want to build my career here on upwork as a freelancer. I just want one more chance to face the interview. If I fail to impress you guys, I will accept that.

I just hope this all works out.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear that, Redoun!

It looks like our team already followed up on your ticket regarding this case. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear that, Redoun!

It looks like our team already followed up on your ticket regarding this case. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
lizablau
Community Member

What the heck are Upwork "VIP Services"?  Anybody? 

grimesr
Community Member
kbadeau
Community Member

Robert G wrote:

Is this it, by a different name?

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/235060368-Premium-Services?flash_digest=577c2fa8ed290d6...

That link doesn't work for me and search doesn't seem to help. Can anyone elaborate or provide another link?

lysis10
Community Member

Kelly B wrote:

Robert G wrote:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/235060368-Premium-Services?flash_digest=577c2fa8ed290d6...

That link doesn't work for me and search doesn't seem to help. Can anyone elaborate or provide another link?

I don't know if they still do it. I think they killed this particular program. I could be wrong but I think they did.

kbadeau
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Kelly B wrote:

Robert G wrote:

I don't know if they still do it. I think they killed this particular program. I could be wrong but I think they did.

I got invited to some kind of VIP thing last week and they say to make sure your profile is up to date. Mine is, but my portfolio definitely needs updating. Trying to decide how much time to allot for that since I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger, as Mark says, "making the monies."

lysis10
Community Member

Kelly B wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Kelly B wrote:

Robert G wrote:

I got invited to some kind of VIP thing last week and they say to make sure your profile is up to date. Mine is, but my portfolio definitely needs updating. Trying to decide how much time to allot for that since I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger, as Mark says, "making the monies."

Is it the thing that Mark is talking about? I think we might be talking about different things or maybe they didn't kill the program and I am just "lalala I have no idea what is going on." 😂 They've had a couple of "we'll look at your profile" programs and the first one I swear was a bunch of interns who have never been in the corporate world at all. They suggested I go more into my college courses and I was just like 'waaaat? lol"  Then there was this other one where this person would email me when I had an interview explaining to me how to interview and I was all "ummm, I think I got it. you just sit back and look pretty and let the thinking person handle it."

florydev
Community Member

One of the emails I received was titled: 

Personalized Talent Agent VIP Services - Interview Tips

So I am going to guess is that maybe they are rebranding something and have not quite got everything changed because the person I was working with had a title of Upwork Success Partner.  She was quite pleasant really.  It went on for four weeks or so but I have been uber busy.

lysis10
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

One of the emails I received was titled: 

Personalized Talent Agent VIP Services - Interview Tips

So I am going to guess is that maybe they are rebranding something and have not quite got everything changed because the person I was working with had a title of Upwork Success Partner.  She was quite pleasant really.  It went on for four weeks or so but I have been uber busy.

I think you are right and they are trying something new from the old thing that they had. I had to tell them to stop emailing me because the interview tips they were giving were for some dumb intern who is desperate for some junior level job. Did not apply to someone like me at all and it was annoying. But Upwork has this "one size fits all" model that is usually focused on people under the age of 25, but it seems to me the people pulling the real rates and money around here are the 35+ people but idk just an observation.

My IRL recruiters used to give me poop about what I was wearing and how I approached interviews too, so I guess this is just stuff they teach you in some workshop of douchecanoes who can't think outside of the box.

florydev
Community Member

The way you invent words is quite extraordinary!

dzadza
Community Member

Kelly B wrote:

I got invited to some kind of VIP thing last week and they say to make sure your profile is up to date. Mine is, but my portfolio definitely needs updating. 

I wish they invite me - I'll give them a piece of my mind regarding portfolio update (mine is super old). I can't add anything to my portfolio without creating specialized profile, and the category I specialize in - doesn't exist. Advice I got from Upwork is - find similar category. Really? Is adding "Print Design" so difficult? Instead, I need to use "Print Services" and then dedicate half of that specialized profile to explanation that it's not really what I'm doing - I'm doing something else entirely. Ridiculous!

florydev
Community Member

I can’t be sure this is the same thing but one of the emails I received did say VIP services. Basically the thing I was invited to had me work with an agent on my profile, proposals, and offered a pricing analysis.

I missed my first interview but did make the second but I basically failed to do anything useful with it. In my defense I was busy making the monies.
lysis10
Community Member

well, I forgot about the interview both times and got put into the group anyway so I was all "welp, ok cool."

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths