🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Missed due date
Page options
habiba-arif326
Community Member

Missed due date

Hey, I missed a due date because the client wasn't available to communicate during the project. He renewed the due date at Skype. I asked him to renew the due date at Upwork as well, but he didn't renew here. He had activated a new milestone with double work and increased the per article as well. But I'm afraid that the missed due date is going to affect my JSS negatively. Moderators, please guide me about that.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "He renewed the due date at Skype. I asked him to renew the due date at Upwork as well, but he didn't renew here."

That is because it is not physically possible for a client to change the due date displayed on a fixed-price contract.

As long as you are working with the client and you are communicating together about the project, the due date displayed on the contract page does not matter.

Upwork does not use it to "score" you or "rate" you or anything. The only rating that happens is when the client closes the contract and decides for herself what the rating will be.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
robin_hyman
Community Member

Due dates don't matter.  Don't focus on it.  Just focus on pleasing your client and getting the job done well.  Make sure you manage expectations of when you can deliver the project.  

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "He renewed the due date at Skype. I asked him to renew the due date at Upwork as well, but he didn't renew here."

That is because it is not physically possible for a client to change the due date displayed on a fixed-price contract.

As long as you are working with the client and you are communicating together about the project, the due date displayed on the contract page does not matter.

Upwork does not use it to "score" you or "rate" you or anything. The only rating that happens is when the client closes the contract and decides for herself what the rating will be.

akbgill
Community Member

Hi Habiba! due cannot effect your Upwork profile it is not Fiverr or other cheap plateform. Thanx
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths