🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Missing Amount
Page options
mouzma-rani
Community Member

Missing Amount

I have a huge difference between my total amount and the amount that were made available as my earnings. Basically,

earnings available + (huge)missing amount = total amount (since start)

This missing amount cannot be the charges or service fees of upwork.

My earnings available were updated weekly but I don't know what happened that this week not only the earning of last week was made available but a huge amount is also missing from my already earned amount.

What should I do? I am clueless.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mouzma, 

Could you please check your Transaction history and let us know if you're seeing there the amount you're referring to? I was able to locate withdrawals initiated this week. Are these withdrawals equals to the amounts you're referring to? 

~ Bojan
Upwork

There have been total 4 withdrawals till this date, 1 scheduled and 3 on-demand payments. The 'total amount of these 4 withdrawals' and the 'total amount earned since start' are not equal. Almost 1/4th of my earnings are missing.

Either it is upwork service fee, which I don't think can be 1/4th of someone's earning, or this amount is still in the review process and will be added into my available earnings/balance. I don't know which one is the actual case here.

Hi Mouzma, 

You can check your In Review tab and Work In Progress tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. 

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths