Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Deposits

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Candi H Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
1 of 51

I am new to the forum, but I am hoping somebody can tell me I am not alone in this.

I have 3 direct deposits that have never hit my bank, but shown as withdrawn from my oDesk account. I have spent hours on the phone with my bank and went into the bank this morning to try and find out the problem. They insist it is not on their end.

I have been working with oDesk for a couple of years and have never experienced a problem with payments. I was finally answered by support who told me to wait 8 business days and then to contact them if money didn't go into my account.

Has anybody else expereinced this problem this week?

Candi

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 51

Candi,

Did you change your payment method recently? Perhaps you entered the info in wrong for your account that it was to go to?

That is the only thing I can think of that could have happened. That you changed payment methods or added numbers wrong or changed your  bank info?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 51

No, I haven't changed anything. My deposits went through last week as they have for a couple of years. This week, I should have had deposits on Tuesday and today and they are not there.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
4 of 51

My deposits always go in on Thursday. Where are you located that your deposit would go in Tuesday?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
5 of 51

The only way to have pay-out on Tuesday is to have a bunch of holidays in-line with Sat-Sun.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 51

Wait... Tuesday was yesterday.

You're worried because you haven't seen deposits show up on your bank account after 1 day?

Maybe the bank had a delay. This has happened to me. I just wait until the next day.

I really doubt you have anything to worry about.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 51

Hi Candi and welcome to the Community,

I am sorry to hear you have experienced delays in receiving your funds. It might be just a slight delay and you will receive your funds shortly. However, if you don't receive your funds 10 days after the withdrawal, oDesk Customer Support can help you initiate a trace. But I really hope there will be no need to do that.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
8 of 51

I do fixed priced jobs, which means I get paid nearly every day of the week on some weeks.

I worry about my deposits not being there because it is 3 and every deposit for the past 2 years has always been deposited within 2 business days. I work on oDesk for money that pays the bills. Bills are scheduled to come out based on the fact I get paid fairly regularly.

I always give myself a couple days of leeway, but bank says there is absolutely no money in the pipeline from oDesk and oDesk says money was sent. Yes, it is concerning.

Thanks for the help

Highlighted
Tatyana P Member Since: Jan 21, 2015
9 of 51

Candi, i have the same issue, withdraw my money on Jan 10  and still nothing at the bank (usually it takes not more than 2-3 days, and i work on odesk over a year )  This is the 1st time it happened, oDesk reply was ---technical issue, but for me its just a bull... it has been over 10 days already, any technical issue could be solved in that time Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
10 of 51

Hi Candi H !

Nope, you're not alone. The "missing deposits" are probably just a result of delayed transactions.

In my experience after initiating a withdraw from oDesk to a bank account or PayPal, it does take days before the funds are actually credited to my accounts.

Without going back through my records, I would say on average there is a one week delay (occasionally less) between my withdraw from oDesk and credit to my account. A representative from my bank stated that the delay is probably due to internal processing within oDesk from the time I initiate the withdraw to the time oDesk actually releases the payment. Hence, "no money in the pipeline." Banks have the ability to check that "pipeline."

Those delays are one reason that I initiated a thread titled "US Income Tax Constructive Receipt" http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/US-Income-Tax-Constructive-Receipt/td-p/60652 for which I never received any replies. oDesk support has not made any comments regarding the issue either.

That is okay with me because oDesk is not repsonsible for assisting members with tax issues (that could be a massive undertaking for oDesk). The US IRS has since provided the information that I needed in order to properly file my income tax.

Ron aka LanWanMan
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS