Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Deposits

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Carl B Member Since: Jan 19, 2015
31 of 51

Same issue here. The only positive element to my missing funds is they were not a substantial amount, yet what if it was a substantial amount? Will oDesk pay my bills for me? Probably not. I payed my bill to them, so I am in high hopes they will do whatever it takes to resolve this.

They initially told me it was my bank, but my bank has no idea of the funds because they never reached my bank. My funds were last seen leaving oDesk, so either it is a major glitch in the matrix or someone intercepted my(our) funds and they are now gone.

Whatever the case may be, it seems to have happened in a specific timeframe because I successfully received a different deposit from my oDesk account days after the January 10th mystery.

I have not changed any account settings since I signed up to oDesk, so that is not the issue. I have previously received multiple deposits from oDesk into my bank account, so it's not a "first time deposit" issue. It may not be oDesk at fault because my history shows the withdrawal happened, yet WHERE DID MY MONEY GO??? Will oDesk guarantee and return my funds if I am not at fault?

Seriously doubting the security oDesk has in place currently, and seriously doubting any liability oDesk may or may not claim relating to this major issue.

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Candi H Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
32 of 51

Is there an update?

It would be a good idea for the oDesk staff to keep us informed. I simply cannot fathom why the issue is being swept under the rug. I cannot sit around and wait to see if I get paid today. There has to be some kind of information that can be passed along to us. If we had something to tell our banks and creditors it would help. ANYTHING at this point would help!

Has the money been tracked?

Will it be put through the process again?

Can we expect the money tomorrow, Thursday, Friday? What? When?

Highlighted
Alex J Member Since: Jan 19, 2015
33 of 51

Just called odesk to see if I could get any answers that way. They still have no answers, but since I have been waiting for 10 days now they say they can do a trace to see where the money is. That could take another 24+ hours.

Odesk has seriously disappointed me with this. Obviously problems can happen, but if they would be straight with us freelancers I might have some understanding. It is clear that they screwed up and are trying to cover their butts by not giving up any info on this and trying to pass the buck to things out of their control. Totally disappointed!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Candi H Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
34 of 51

I don't see the point of a trace and it sounds like another canned response. If they track the money, then what?

I wish somebody from oDesk would respond to my help ticket or email me. I will continue to decline new clients and advise my existing clients that I cannot work for them because I don't seem to be getting paid.

This just makes me so sad. I have always told everybody what an awesome place oDesk was and how it has allowed me to do stay home and still make a nice income. *sigh* I'll just go kick rocks some more and hope something happens.

Highlighted
Harrison O Member Since: Jan 19, 2015
35 of 51

I have over 2k to receive. I have worked on Christmas and New Year’s just to finish the project and get paid fast and now this. My account balance says $0.00 with a withdrawal made on 13th. There is no “pending” message or anything else for that matter. I’m starting to get worried about this. I’m counting on this money to pay my rent which is coming up in ten days. It’s an absurd how they are handling this situation. It seems that they don’t know where our money is. We deserve to know what exactly is going on.

Highlighted
Will M Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
36 of 51

I thought I was the only one with this issue! I have been waiting since Jan 11, 2015 and still no response...This is really starting to piss me off because I was really counting on this money!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Carl B Member Since: Jan 19, 2015
37 of 51

Where did the moderator go? (((crickets)))

I just now chatted with customer support and I got nowhere. We talked for a bit and the last thing I requested was to speak with a supervisor or administrator and all I received was this:

1/20/2015 6:09:33 PM Carl Bannister: I do understand, but I am still not comfortable with the answers I have been given. I would like to be referred to an administrator, manager or supervisor, please.

1/20/2015 6:09:53 PM Apple: Yes, I understand where you're coming from that is the reason why I also don't want to give you any information that does not have basis as of now since this is still under investigation and is on the process of being resolved.

Where is their legal department with this? Where is any legal department actually? I need to make additional withdrawals now, but am hesitant to see my money disappear because of this oDesk "bug".

Highlighted
Sarah W Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
38 of 51

I called today and they said it was effecting everyone and should be fixed today or tomorrow by the latest. Crossing my fingers!

Glad to hear everyone else got the same irritating responses. UGH!

Sarah

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
39 of 51

Hi all,

Based on the recent update from our Engineering Team, your withdrawals will be re-issued and become available by Friday. We will keep you informed about this issue.

Once again, I appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
40 of 51

Valeria, care to give us some details on just exactly what went wrong? Your post very much suggests that the issue was caused by oDesk so a little more transparency would be welcomed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS