Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Deposits

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
41 of 51
I would not hold you breath waiting for too many details about what went wrong. Clearly nobody is denying that the funds withdrawal problem was oDesk's fault. Not our fault as contractors or the pope's fault or the banks' fault. The important thing is that the issue is being resolved.

There is a limit to how much transparency is appropriate or even safe when it comes to revealing to us (and the hackers reading this forum) exactly what went wrong in transferring funds from oDesk's accounts into ours.

If oDesk wanted to make some gesture of contrition, such as doubling our pay for the week, or perhaps giving us all a free kudo, I would not complain, but that is not likely to happen.

(Just kidding about the free kudo, by the way. I would rather have the cash.)
Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
42 of 51

Hi all,

To follow up on Valeria's comments, ACH withdrawals made on January 12th and 13th of 2015 were not successfully processed due to an issue with our banking partner. Since discovering this, we've been doing everything possible to resubmit. As of yesterday, Tuesday, January 20th withdrawals process on 1/12 and 1/13 were completed and funds should be available in your account by end of day, Friday, January 23rd.

Again, our apologies for this delay. We know you count on successful and prompt processing of your withdrawals and we're working together with our banking partner to ensure this does not happen again. Should you have any additional questions or concerns about a specific transaction, please contact our Customer Support team directly so we can assist.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Carl B Member Since: Jan 19, 2015
43 of 51

What I can verify and confirm is the funds transfer issue only affected withdrawals around January 9th-13th. This is just my speculation because I have since received two additonal deposits successfully since then. Trial and error will only enable oDesk to fix the problem and further prevent it from happening again...hopefully. I will be happy to see some positive results by Friday, like the moderator stated.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Candi H Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
44 of 51

I hope the message from the moderator is right. After 11 days of emailing support and getting rather generic responses, last night I was sent a response that was completely ridiculous and had nothing to do with the problem. I was told my situation was more complex and I  was being upgraded to the engineering team. This is why I am frustrated. Support isn't actually reading the tickets and answering them accordingly. Ya, it is a complex problem. It was 11 days ago when I first emailed and I just now get upgraded.

The only reason I am not screaming is because I came here and Valeria had some actual info. I didn't even know the forums were here until last week when I was searching for some way to contact oDesk. What about all those folks who don't know and are still getting the same silly responses from support?

This is just a bad situation all around and I am definitely gun shy about my future work and getting paid.

Highlighted
Alex J Member Since: Jan 19, 2015
45 of 51

Just got this comment from odesk on my support ticket:

"Hi,Thank you for your patience in this matter. Our Engineering team has identified the error you encountered as a result of a temporary oDesk system issue which has since been resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience, and please let us know should you experience any further difficulty."

Then they closed the ticket! No explanation on where the money is, when it will be sent out, or what happened. This is totally unacceptable!!!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
46 of 51

Status as of Tuesday, January 20, 2015 (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada): There were problems with both ACH and LFT withdrawals. Most LFT withdrawal problems were a result of expected holiday delays. The issue that caused problems with ACH withdrawals has supposedly been resolved, and oDesk is following-up to ensure all withdrawals are successfully transacted (I suggest that members continue to exercise patience).

I have just recently started working through oDesk again, and I was concerned about continuing any work if there were any ongoing payment system problems. My discussion with an engineer leads me to believe that they are taking timely and appropriate action. Thus, I will continue with my work through oDesk.

It is going to be interesting to find out if my account will fall prey to some of the misgivings other freelancers have encountered. For this reason, I will take a gradual approach in my attempt to re-build my client base here on oDesk.

About "Kudos" and Related Features -- Absolutely no offence to any members, oDesk, or oDesk staff, but I want to express my opinions about the Community features for solution authors, kudoed members, and featured contributors.

My opinion is that those features are a major distraction and result in uninteresting, often poorly written, and meaningless posts. I estimate that well over 80% of the original threads are all about problems members are encountering, yet timely and meaningful replies are not always readily afforded members due to under staffing and the nature of replies from members.

My comments apply to some of my own posts as well. If things do not improve in this Community, I might continue working through oDesk, but I doubt I will continue to spend time participating in the Community. I hear that! Some are thinking: "good riddance"...lol...

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Candi H Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
47 of 51

My ticket was closed as well and I got the exact same response. I reopened my ticket because the problem is most certainly not solved. According to some posts on the Facebook page, some people got their money last night. This is odd that only some people got the funds, but those who are still waiting on ACH deposits have not.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
48 of 51

In a previous post I wrote in part: "[ I ] believe that they [oDesk engineering] are taking timely and appropriate action."

Although I once asked in the forum what the exact nature of the problem was, I now recall my days as an Information Technology Director / Network Engineer / Network Administrator (Yeah. all of that too; I've been around awhile). Anyway, back in my day I never provided much detail to others regarding failures and fixes so I understand why we might never know exactly went wrong.

From talking with an engineer I am still confident, however, that oDesk engineering is "taking timely and appropriate action." The "appropriate action" is being done in stages -- in batches.

There are those within oDesk that can determine where individual members / accounts might stand; however, I believe that first tier support has not been kept in the loop.

There is no time to keep them in the loop. Those engineers are probably not even answering their phones as they are pulling out all the stops to get the issues resolved. We need to get off their backs for awhile, and let them do their thing.

I hope the h*** I'm not wrong....

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
49 of 51

In all seriousness, Ron, you are a valued fixture in the community forum.

I think you have made some very good points here about the nature of posts and the features that might incite them.

I hope you don't abandon the forum entirely. If you do, I will have no choice but to refrain from reading any new posts that you write. (At least until you come back.)

Highlighted
Tatyana P Member Since: Jan 21, 2015
50 of 51

Guys, I finally got the money today (my withdrawl was on Jan 10)  I hope everybody will get it today as well or tomorrow

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS