🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Missing Job Feed Category
Page options
kathy1010
Community Member

Missing Job Feed Category

Hi. I notice that the writing category where I get 95 percent of work is gone. It's called Articles and Blogs, I think. Customer Service knows notice about this. Anyone know about this?

Thanks.

Virginia

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Virginia,

Occasionally specialties and skills are updated, merged or renamed to improve search and help clients and freelancers connect. During the most recent update Content & Copywriting subcategory was added and Article & Blog Writing subcategory was merged into it. Now you can select it when searching for jobs.

You can find more information about it here

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
kathy1010
Community Member

Have the subcategories in the Writing category changed?

Thanks.

Virginia 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Virginia,

Occasionally specialties and skills are updated, merged or renamed to improve search and help clients and freelancers connect. During the most recent update Content & Copywriting subcategory was added and Article & Blog Writing subcategory was merged into it. Now you can select it when searching for jobs.

You can find more information about it here

~ Valeria
Upwork

"Academic Writing & Research subcategory was merged with Content & Copywriting"

How is research either content or copywriting? This is completely counter-intuitive.

As Always, Valeria, thanks a million. Articles and blogs is my moneymaker, so I guess now I look into Contents. Got nervous, there.

Hello, 

Will I also need to update that on my profile? That my specialty isn't content writing but rather content and copywriting? 

Please advice, 

Thank you. 

Hi Sharon,

Sorry about the delayed response. When these changes happen, we automatically update related categories, job filters and feeds, existing profiles, and job posts. However, you can update your profile categories any time as well as the specialties for each of your Specialized profiles by going to your Settings> Profile Settings.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'm facing the same issue. I'm a presentation designer, but the "Presentation Design" category is missing from "Design and Creative". Can you tell me what is the updated category of  "Presentation Design"?

Hi Junaed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you can select Presentation Design category by going to Settings > Profile Settings and under Design & Creative section select "Graphic, Editorial & Presentation Design". Here is the screenshot for reference. 

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members