🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Missing Time
Page options
sequeavictor
Community Member

Missing Time

From this week, the clock has not been working properly. 

I have read the guides about this error, I have verified my internet connection and configuration, everything is in order. I have completely uninstalled the application and installed it on another computer, the same error occurs.

I'm losing money.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Victor S wrote:

I have read the guides about this error, I have verified my internet connection and configuration, everything is in order. I have completely uninstalled the application and installed it on another computer, the same error occurs.

I'm losing money.

This looks like you are working with little and no keyboard and mouse activity. There are also no screenshots showing you doing any work.

The time tracker is not a timeclock. It records the work you are doing on the screen you are working on. If there is no keyboard and mouse activity, nothing is recorded.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
petra_r
Community Member

Victor S wrote:

I'm losing money.

This looks like you are working with little and no keyboard and mouse activity. There are also no screenshots showing you doing any work.

The time tracker is not a timeclock. It records the work you are doing on the screen you are working on. If there is no keyboard and mouse activity, nothing is recorded.

So is that it ?. I really didn't know that. I work as customer service, if a call comes in, then I register the call, I create a ticket and other company procedures. So if no call comes in, I don't use the keyboard or mouse.I will report this to my employer. Thank you.

Victor S wrote:

So is that it ?. I really didn't know that. I work as customer service, if a call comes in, then I register the call, I create a ticket and other company procedures. So if no call comes in, I don't use the keyboard or mouse.I will report this to my employer. Thank you.

Yep, that's it. Just make sure that each segment has activity- Type, or mouse click. But segments with low activity aren't counted. 

ukped
Community Member

I worked for about 2 hours on an hourly project this morning and the time tracker was on, taking screen shot and recorking the time. I stoped the tracking after about an hour and 50mins of work. Its been over 2 hours and I can find/see the time in my work diary for today!!!

Please help locate and properly place the almost 2 hours of work. It's 5 am over here and I stayed up very late (1am to 2 am local time) to do this job

Hi Orukpe,

Could you please check and follow the troubleshooting instructions here for Time Tracker is Offline/Missing Hours? If this doesn't help, please let us know so we can check further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ukped
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I tried everything in here and it still didn't work. The time is still missing and I have also not been able to logged the 20 mins of work I did few hours ago.

This is a BIG issue to me because I am current about to loose about $300 to what Upwork called charge back. So I will never work on aany project without the time tracker

petra_r
Community Member

Orukpe E wrote:

I tried everything in here and it still didn't work. The time is still missing and I have also not been able to logged the 20 mins of work I did few hours ago.

Triple check you didn't track on the wrong contract - a fixed rate one possibly...

ukped
Community Member

No, I tracked the correct contract

Hi Orukpe,

I have escalated your concern with our team. One of our team members will reach to you via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I thought it's impossible to track time for fixed price projects. 

Filip K wrote:

I thought it's impossible to track time for fixed price projects. 

You thought wrong. 

a13205af
Community Member

At the moment I'm having also the same issue. Since this week I have been trying to log hours for the project I am currently working on this week. However, each time I try to log I get this message: "This time overlaps with hours you have already logged in" pls I need urgent help. Thank you

Hi Chioma,

Please keep in mind that you can't add manual time for the time where you have worked on another project. 
Example: If you have added or tracked time under project A from 2PM to 5PM, you will not be able to add manual time for the same hours under project B. Please make sure that the hours you're trying to add are not overlapping with your time on another project. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same issue today. I can't really figure out why I started 9am today and up until now which is 7:23pm and the timer is still logged at 6hs and 20 mins? I only turned it off for probably 30mins. What is happening? I should have already worked for more than 8 hours already.

Hi Alfredo,

Just to clarify, the missing hours are missing from your Work Diary or on the Desktop app under the section "Today"? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths