cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing/ Unrecorded Screenshots

Community Leader
Melinda M Member Since: Nov 25, 2016
11 of 14
No. I'm reading information from a link to a website the client gave me to learn about the business. Lots of pages and info.
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
12 of 14

Melinda M wrote:
No. I'm reading information from a link to a website the client gave me to learn about the business. Lots of pages and info.

From my experience this still counts as activity levels in that you have to scroll or page through a document and that is hittin buttons.  I almost exclusively scroll with a mouse wheel for that purpose and Upwork tends to get that.

I think the bottom line to your question is there is nothing you can do about it but log manual time (if allowed).  If there is a dispute at some point you will lose it but with a good client on a good project I would think you would be fine.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
13 of 14

Melinda M wrote:

I have been reading a lot about the business so I guess my pc idles from not typing or something?

Yes, if you're not typing or mouse clicking and your pc idles, then the tracker won't record anything - that's how the system is designed to work. So if you need "thinking time", or you're making notes on paper, or talking to your client on the phone or whatever, this will need to be added as manual time (I would explain to your client in advance and make sure that they understand why you need to do this). 

In the future, if you realize at the proposal stage that a project isn't well-suited to using the time tracker, then you could suggest that the client should post a fixed price project for you instead.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 14

I scroll with the keyboard rather than the mouse (down key)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS