🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Missing option for modifying PayPal e-mail ad...
Page options
gustavbrock
Community Member

Missing option for modifying PayPal e-mail address

At present, your PayPal account must use the same e-mail address as your Upwork e-mail address.

Thus, if different, you can't set up PayPal as your payment method.

This is by design, but why? I won't have all my Upwork e-mails mixed with the few important e-mails from PayPal, and Upwork really shouldn't care about my account name at PayPal. No one else does, so there is no reason Upwork has enforced this limitation.

The "help" page suggests that you add your Upwork e-mail address to your PayPal account, but that may not always be an option - and, if it might, why should you have to bother with this?

So, please remove this weird limitation.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gustav,

Unfortunately due to legal and financial reasonsyour Upwork email address will need to match your PayPal email.
I would also suggest to change your profile image and upload one from yourself, as having anything else is a violation on our TOS.
If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gustav,

Unfortunately due to legal and financial reasonsyour Upwork email address will need to match your PayPal email.
I would also suggest to change your profile image and upload one from yourself, as having anything else is a violation on our TOS.
If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran (Göran?)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths