Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing proposals

Highlighted
John P Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
1 of 296

Hi again,

I just wanted to know why on earth my last 2 sent proposals are not appearing in the Proposals sections?

Sadly I saw the connects report and 4 of them are missing.

I'd like to get some help since the chat seems to be rejecting me everytime I try to communicate with the staff...

Thanks,

J.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
2 of 296

do you know how long I spent preparing my proposal this morning only to have it NOT show in my list of proposals? worse yet, if i look for it in my chrome history, i pull the page and it says i submitted my proposal. when i click on view proposal ...... it's. not. there.  now i know i as a bit wild in the 70's..and the 80's, 90's, 2003 to 2008, but i still have a few brain cells left to know that this can't disappear without a trace. sooooooooo upwork mods...where is it??

oh and don't think you answer me away by saying it must have been archived. already checked. not there.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
3 of 296

Hi Mariska, 

This happened with me a few times so far. I noticed the proposal comes back after some time (like an hour or so). I am not sure why does this happen, and whether the proposal appears instantly to the client or not (because this is very important), but I know it shows up again in the list of proposals later.

Best regards, 

Wassim

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 296

It did take an hour Wassim! 

Now I'm considering that it's an alien abduction. I'll have to see what happens to any other proposals I send out. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Steve B Member Since: Jul 1, 2015
5 of 296

Wassim I'm glad to hear the proposals are coming back for you. However they are not for me, I've submitted four proposals since yesterday and they all remain "vanished". 

Initially when I started Upwork six weeks ago, my proposals would not appear for one to ten minutes.  But since yesterday morning, they simply vanish into thin air. 

Upwork does indeed seem to have become the Bermuda Triangle for proposalsSmiley Happy  At least, over roughly the past 36 hours. 

Highlighted
Patty Pearl Marivi P Member Since: Aug 15, 2015
6 of 296

Exactly my sentiment. I had sent 8 proposals just awhile ago but they're not showing as submitted proposals on my profile. It is evident through my connects that I've used some but the proposals are nowhere to be found. I went back to the jobs I've submitted proposals to and they're all showing that I've managed to submit a proposal.

I'm really at a loss here.  

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Julian J Member Since: Aug 5, 2008
7 of 296

Hmm, you're right. I have the same issue. Hopefully it's just the applicants that can't see the proposal and not the client. Thankfully I still had mine in the copy/paste buffer, I'll save mine in a document just in case.

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 296

You'd think I would have saved copies my proposals in case anything weird happens because I horde tons of things I write on my sticky notes and google docs,  but I didn't. Good tip, thanks Julian! 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 296

Hi Mariska and others,

I have checked and the issue with proposals not showing right away has already been reported and escalated to our engineers. They are currently investigating and will make sure the proposals show properly to both clients and freelancers.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
John P Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
10 of 296

Oh sweet lord! Is there any chance that a client can't see it properly? If so, this is so serious, because I'm not even listed in applicants list.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS