Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistake in submitted proposal

ahmedmehran11
Mehran A Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
1 of 11

Hello, everyone,

I've submitted a proposal, but after submitting i've found a mistake in it, is there any way that I can correct it ? Am I able to send proposal for the same job if I withdraw it?

3ctechnologies
Community Leader
Muhammad U Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 11

unfortunately, you cant resubmit the proposal , if you witdraw..Also, you cant edit the proposal that is already sent over.You can only adjust project terms , nothing else at this stage!!!.So, i would suggest, Always double check proposals before you submitSmiley Happy.

Good luck

View solution in original post

ahmedmehran11
3 of 11

Sir Muhammad U,

Sure, I will double check from now on. Smiley Happy

Thank you very much for your response.

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
4 of 11

Hi Mehran,

You're able to edit your proposal if you are already interviewing and you can propose a different bid before interviewing. At present however, there are no immediate plans to allow for editing your cover letter if your proposal hasn't been accepted and you're not in the interview process.

~Nina
ahmedmehran11
5 of 11

Nina K, 

Thank you very much for your guidence. Smiley Happy

gracemcd
Grace M Member Since: Apr 26, 2018
6 of 11

Hi Nina,

I'm having the same problem. It's quite the user interface issue. While double-checking is (I assume) usually done, mistakes do happen. When it does, it short-changes the quality of the interaction between freelancers and clients. It's quite unfortunate. Perhaps in the near future, you could allow the client to see that the freelancer has edited the proposal, and what those edited changes are. It would demonstrate to the client that the freelancer is vigilant, and desires to improve on their work.

It's a win-win situation for all.

Please consider it seriously. (Espeically for the nervous newbies).

-Grace

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
7 of 11

Hi Grace,

Thank you for your feedback about this and I do understand where you are coming from. Although interface decisions aren't made by me, I will share your feedback with the appropriate team. Thanks!

~Nina
kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
8 of 11

@Mehran A wrote:

Hello, everyone,

I've submitted a proposal, but after submitting i've found a mistake in it, is there any way that I can correct it ? Am I able to send proposal for the same job if I withdraw it?

I think you are able to send another proposal if you withdraw your originial, but it will cost you another 2 connects.

ahmedmehran11
9 of 11

Hello Kathy T, 

Thank you for responding, Are you sure about it? Kindly let me know if you are sure because I can take a chance in that case for submitting another proposal right away. Smiley Happy

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
10 of 11

Mehran,

Kathy is right. You can withdraw your proposal and start again. However, there is no guarantee that you will get an interview even if you resubmit your proposal. I would suggest you leave it and move on to the next job offer that you want to bid for 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS