Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moar UI Bugs

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
11 of 18

Avery O wrote:

Hi Steven, 

Could you please confirm your browser's version and your computer's OS? 

Desktop

• Windows 10 Pro: Version 1903 OS Build 18362.239 -- Intel i7-4930k @ 3.40 GHz 64 GB RAM 
  • Google Chrome: Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Samsung J7 Crown (mobile)

• Android: 8.0.0 -- SM-S767VL -- Build R16NW
  • Google Chrome: Version 75.0.3770.143

Samsung J3 Stardust (mobile)

• Android: 6.0.1 -- SM-S320VL -- Build MMB29M
  • Google Chrome: 75.0.3770.143

Samsung Tablet

• Android: 4.4.2 -- SM-T320 -- Build KOT49H
  • Google Chrome: Version 75.0.3770.143

Pick one ... it doesn't work on anything. Nor has it for over a year.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
12 of 18

Thanks for providing the info Steven, could you please clarify what type of content you're trying to post which results in displaying the widget error?

Also, are you still experiencing an issue with updating your profile?

Finally, I see our team followed up on your ticket regarding the problem with messages you reported and shared an update, please take a look and follow up if you haven't already.

Community Guru
13 of 18

Vladimir G wrote:

Thanks for providing the info Steven, could you please clarify what type of content you're trying to post which results in displaying the widget error?

Like, seriously, I can't even comprehend this question? I'm trying soooper hard to be patient but did you even review *any* of the posts in this thread over the last year. I'm trying to post the content in the screenshot. Or to switch the verbiage, each and every screenshot -IS- what I'm trying post. That -IS- the content. That -IS- what I'm trying to post. What you see is what you get. The confusion is unfathomable to me.

Would you like me to make a video of me attempting to post plain-old "plain text," taking a screenshot, and posting it to the forums? Cuz that's all that's happenin'

Vladimir G wrote:

Also, are you still experiencing an issue with updating your profile?

No. That issue was resolved and to be fair, rather promptly. That's why I stopped posting about 5 months ago.

Vladimir G wrote:

Finally, I see our team followed up on your ticket regarding the problem with messages you reported and shared an update, please take a look and follow up if you haven't already.

Of course, I read the update; it was was uselessly helpful (or perhaps, helplessly useful) and exemplary of the poor state of conceptual design across the board. Once I finish generating fees for Upwork on the work I'm getting paid for I will pursue volunteering my time to invest the hour-and-half necessary to draft a response and identify the illogical design flaws.

14 of 18

Steven wrote:

Vladimir G wrote:

Like, seriously, I can't even comprehend this question? I'm trying soooper hard to be patient but did you even review *any* of the posts in this thread over the last year. I'm trying to post the content in the screenshot. Or to switch the verbiage, each and every screenshot -IS- what I'm trying post. That -IS- the content. That -IS- what I'm trying to post. What you see is what you get. The confusion is unfathomable to me.

Would you like me to make a video of me attempting to post plain-old "plain text," taking a screenshot, and posting it to the forums? Cuz that's all that's happenin'

I'm sorry if my question was confusing Steven. I'm trying to determine if the widget error appears when you try posting in the Community or are you getting it elsewhere on the platform?

I'd also like to ask you to follow up on the update you recently received on your support ticket if you have more information and believe the process you flagged is affected by an issue, since I see both processes have been confirmed as working as designed. I apologize for the delay in troubleshooting your report about the widget issue and I'll gladly process the report further as soon as I confirm the necessary information.

15 of 18

Hi Steven,

We investigated further and it seems the error you're receiving appears when the preview option is used for newly drafted posts? We were able to replicate it there and will investigate further to identify the core issue. Please let us know if you're seeing the error in a different environment than the one we replicated it in and thank you for reporting it. I'd just like to confirm that the error is not affecting the process of drafting and posting comments, only previewing them.

Community Guru
16 of 18

Vladimir G wrote:

We investigated further and it seems the error you're receiving appears when the preview option is used for newly drafted posts? We were able to replicate it there and will investigate further to identify the core issue ... I'd just like to confirm that the error is not affecting the process of drafting and posting comments, only previewing them.

Hallelujah! (finally)

No. The bug only manifests on the preview tab.

17 of 18

Thanks for confirming the scope Steven!

Community Guru
18 of 18

Sill not fixed. 543 days or 1 year, 5 months, 25 days.

epicphail.png

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS