🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Moderator please delete this topic, thanks!
Page options
jwong1009
Community Member

Moderator please delete this topic, thanks!

*Edited. Original post had to do with a concern I had over signing NDA off-Upwork for a contract on Upwork since I was then new to Upwork. Concern was alleviated. The client in question turned out to be a fantastic one, couldn't have asked for a better client.*

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "I guess the further question is what does this say about the client in question. Did she do this knowingly to give herself some advantage in case of potential disputes?"

No.

She's just sending you an NDA because somebody in her legal department told her to send you an NDA, or because she thinks she is supposed to send you an NDA.

She's not scheming against you.

The NDA is between you and the client, regardless of if you exchanged the NDA via email or Upwork Messages tool.

If you are concerned about this point, then all you need to do is go upload the NDA file using the Upwork Messages tool.

Upwork isn't going to read it or do anything with it, either way.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Thank you for being honest about what happened, and thank you for taking to time to ask about how you should handle correctly.

You are not going to get into trouble for doing this.

Going forward: Yes, you will ask clients to share these files using the Upwork Messages tool.

re: "I guess the further question is what does this say about the client in question. Did she do this knowingly to give herself some advantage in case of potential disputes?"

No.

She's just sending you an NDA because somebody in her legal department told her to send you an NDA, or because she thinks she is supposed to send you an NDA.

She's not scheming against you.

The NDA is between you and the client, regardless of if you exchanged the NDA via email or Upwork Messages tool.

If you are concerned about this point, then all you need to do is go upload the NDA file using the Upwork Messages tool.

Upwork isn't going to read it or do anything with it, either way.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members