cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mods please respond

Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
1 of 12

I know this has bene talked about over an over, but I really need to know where Upwork is on the notification issue.

I had two messages come in today, and did not receive ANY notification through the Upwork website at all. In fact, the orange light came on .. but for a notification days old adn one that I had already read.

Yes, we also get email notifications, but the email came in 4 hours after the message from the client.

Not a big deal you may say? Well, that 4 hour difference took my reply window past the end of the work day. Meaning, that potential new client will not recieve a timely reply from me, which looks like s--t. One of these clients could bring me $500 for 1 hour or less of work. The other is a $2500 client, for less than a week of work.

I'm not ranting. I'm asking for a serious update because the system forces me to provide a VERY unprofessional response time to the highest paying clients this platform has to offer.

Can you PLEASE tell me the honest truth about the notification system? When will it be fixed, and if it isn't .. then just be honest and tell me that.

Please don't play games on this or give a general reply, I need to know answers and if the Mods can't provide them - who can I call?

I have a personal account manager who I can call, but I really don't want to bother her with website bugs. Where do we get real answers?

You see? We CAN'T do professional level work through this system. This is why you get the bottom of the barrel of both sides. you can't be increasing fees and expect people to stay here or refer others to use Upwork when it's constantly in a state of 'beta'.

Thanks

Community Leader
Sadan M Member Since: Sep 3, 2010
2 of 12

Something is very badly wrong with the notifications. My client closed my contract, made a new offer and than hired me on the new contract and I just got a notification of contract being closed and I being hired on the new one. There is no notification for the offer he made which is probably the most important notification. If the client would not have told me on Skype that he has made an offer of the new contract probably I would not have known that something is waiting for me to be accepted which is very bad. Please let the engineers know that this needs to be fixed on urgent basis.

Attaching the screenshot as a proof.

Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 03.35.16.png

Janet H Member Since: Aug 4, 2015
3 of 12

I have the same problem with notificatiosn/

Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
4 of 12

OK... actually, this is worse than I thought.

The email I received from one of the clients (the bigger one) was actually sent at noon on Sunday. Sunday! No notification, no email.

I saw the message time stamp at 12:00, and thought I saw it 4 hours later. Turns out, I saw it 2 days and 4 hours later. Great....

There was no way to know he sent me 3 messages. Now I look like a turd who doesn't care.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 12

Hi Tony and others,

The issue with email notifications for new messages being delayed or not being sent was resolved earlier today. You should be receiving email notifications for new messages according to your settings.

Similarly, the issue with the offer notifications not being delivered has been addressed by our engineers.

Please, let us know if you are experiencing these issues going forward. We appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Natalia G Member Since: Jun 8, 2008
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
7 of 12
Valeria,

And what is going on with messages sent from private email accounts? They just disappear...
It happened on Sunday and yesterday evening. The messages don't appear anywhere in the messaging system and clients don't receive them.
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
8 of 12

Hi Ela, are you replying via email with the email address associated with your account?

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
9 of 12

Hi Lena,

Yes, I am.

Because I just hit the reply button when I receive the message. And I checked it again just now.

Somebody else reported the same problem in the forum a few days ago.

Thanks,

Ela

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
10 of 12

Messages via email not going through have been an ongoing nuisance for month now. It doesn't reliably work for support tickets either.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS