🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Money escrow for Milestone project
Page options
pavlovikj
Community Member

Money escrow for Milestone project

Hey guys! So yesterday I started my first milestone project and unfortunately I needed to cancel the agreement due to personal reasons. I informed the client about the situation but today I received a request about refund. I guess that is connected to the cancellation of the project but there were no milestones paid to me from his side. I did some work but i told him that he doesn't need to pay anything for it due to the circumstances.
I wanted to ask you, if I accept the refund will that mean that Im going to pay him from my own pocket? I dont have much of experience with these kind of situations so please give me a suggestion on what should I do.

Thank you guys!
1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Andriana P wrote:
if I accept the refund will that mean that Im going to pay him from my own pocket? 

No, the client (not surprisingly) just wants the money back he paid into Escrow when hiring you. Please accept the request, to make sure the client is not further inconvenienced.

I hope you understand that this will have a significant negative effect on your future Job Success Score, when you get one.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members