Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money not reflecting in my account.

hsupport
Navinder A Member Since: Mar 27, 2016
1 of 3

Hi,

I have a big problem here, i got my first project from upwork on 12th of march, the client decided to release the funds in slabs which i agreed too.   The first payment was $25 which showed it was funded to start the work as follows 

"Contract: customer support and developer wanted for web hosting company!
Milestone 1 - "helpdesk/tech support/skype support/web developing and updates", due date: Saturday, March 12, 2016 - $25.00 (Funded)

I thought may be it takes some time to show up balance to did not give that importance to this. But few days passed & it did not show up. I emailed support & they said i need to contact client & ask him to release the payment, so i followed that and got feedback from client saying "he tried releasing 10 times but not able to do that," . Thus i upated support again on 18th of march requesting to resolve this issue, I got reply saying " I've noticed that you submitted your work for approval 3 days ago. If your client fails to respond to your milestone submission within 14 days, the deposited funds will be released to you automatically." But today 28th march still the funds don't show up in my account. Finally the client got tired too & he sent me payment for 2 slabs directly through paypal. Now when i asked for payment for 3rd slab , client again tried to make a payment through upwork to check if this worked for us but still the same, the payment still is not reflecting in my account. As some payments were directly made so finally he had to cancell few payments from upwork & again release partil payment as follow which still is not reflecting in my account.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

It's more than 9 hours now i am waiting for support to reply me. Just wondering what may be the probelm.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regard's,

Navainder

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 3

You may find that both your and your client's accounts will be suspended, and possibly banned, for making and accepting payments directly (outside the platform)

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 3

Hi Navainder,

You accepted the contract as an Agency contractor and that why the funds are reflected in your Agency's transaction history. If you go into your Agency profile you'll see the funds are currently in Pending and will become available for withdrawal on April 1.

Note that you should only receive payments through the Upwork platform. Paying and receiving payment outside Upwork is a violation of Upwork ToS and carries a penalty for all parties involved.

Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS