🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Money withdrawn from Upwork VIA MPESA not yet...
Page options
johnkamau92
Community Member

Money withdrawn from Upwork VIA MPESA not yet received

Hello there,

I initiated a withdrawal from Upwork to MPESA on 25th September 2020 but I haven't received the funds. I have only gotten the emails saying the payment has been processed. 

Please help.

Thanks,

John.

28 REPLIES 28
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear about your withdrawal. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further and issue a trace for the transaction.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for the reply. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

John.

Hello,

I withdrew funds from Upwork to MPESA on 25th September 2020 but I haven't received the funds till now(30th September 2020). I contacted MPESA and they said that the transaction had been declined. 

Please help.

Thanks,

John.

Hi John,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Okay. Thanks. I will wait.

Regards,

John.

Hi,
Did you finally get your withdrawal ? I had the same issue on the same day and still nothing 6 days down the line.

Hi,

How long will this issue take to be resolved?

This is becoming frustrating.

John.

Hey, 

I am sorry about it. I have been waiting for my issue to be sorted out as well for five days now, almost six. Let us hope that they do this soon. I am surprised to see that there is many of us experiencing the same issue. 

Hi John,

I followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your support ticket with more information. If you have further questions, please post them on the ticket so that the correct department can assist you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have been writing to upwork support for a long time for the same issue. All they have been telling me is that they're going to escalate your issue to finance or the bank. I know some organizations might be slow to reply but that ain't an excuse. Is there a group of developers that take in questions in matters of bugs? Most are the times I have to wait for my funds for seven or more than seven days. Kindly, lemme know if there's someone else I can send my grievances to. 

Hi Josephat,

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with withdrawals and delays in receiving responses on your support ticket. I checked your ticket and it seems that our team is waiting for a response from a bank after which, they'll update you immediately. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same issue. Withdrew to my mpesa on Friday 25th and upto now, Monday, 78 hours later, nothing yet. It's very frustrating because I don't quite understand why three days . I don't even know if I can withdraw the rest of my funds.

Hi Sophie,

I shared your withdrawal issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I had the same issue twice. Withdrew from previous week. I did't receive the funds. So it was refunded to my account. That same day 25th September I did another withdrawal and up to now I haven't received the funds. Upwork support are tracing the funds. Could the problem be the bank you are using to process Mpesa payments. Coz how can I withdrawal twice and I have to keep tracing funds all times?

Hi Kuria,

I understand your frustration with this and I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.
I see that you`ve followed up on your ticket with additional questions. Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I have followed up. Let's hope the issue won't happen again.
Thank you.
m-myra
Community Member

When I called Mpesa according to Upwork's terms (after 24 hours and one business day), Mpesa said that my transaction had been declined because of 'insufficient funds' and yet the money left my account. The problem could very well be the bank they are using. 

tonykuria
Community Member

Exactly my case. I called Mpesa too and they said the transaction failed on their side.. so most likely the funds are hanging with the NCBa bank which they use. Am never going to withdraw with Mpesa again. I would rather use my bank.

Well, it's been a good 6 days. Still no money. How can it possibly take that long for a payment processor to get back to Upwork on a withdrawal issue? Is it that the follow up isn't being done strictly? Tomorrow will be a full week since my lost withdrawal. It's terribly frustrating because that's a lot of money missing.

Did you get your refund yet. Mine has not yet been solved 12th day.

10th day and still nothing. How terribly frustrating. This tracing process is incredibly slow.

Very slow indeed. I just reached out to NCBA Bank but they are yet to reply. 

After contacting NCBA bank a few hours ago Today, I think they finally realized the transaction failed on their side and I have received my funds just a few minutes ago.

Has anyone else received their money?

m-myra
Community Member

I have not received mine yet, but this gives me hope. I am happy for you. 

You reached out to NCBA via email or call? 

tonykuria
Community Member

I just messaged them on Facebook and twitter but they replied via Facebook.
Then I explained my situation and gave them the transaction code from
Upwork and my Mpesa number to check what happened in their system.
m-myra
Community Member

Oh, okay. 

If I hear nothing tomorrow I think I will try the same and see if it works for me too. 

Thanks. 

m-myra
Community Member

I finally received my money this morning. The relief! 🙂 

Thank you guys for sharing your situations. I felt what 'community' is all about. 

I also just received mine a few minutes ago. I'm very happy about that but
I really hope we don't have to go through this again. It's tiring to follow
up.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members