🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Monthly Free Connections
Page options
md-minul-islam
Community Member

Monthly Free Connections

Is Auto-add of monthly 60 Connects off? I'm waiting for the free 60 monthly Connects. I'm not getting it. Has Upwork stopped this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

You're going to be waiting for a long time. There are no more free connects. (This was announced in April and was implemented in May-June of this year.) If we use all our connects, we have to buy them for $0.15 each (in batches of ten) or join the premium plan which includes a monthly allotment. We can roll them over month to month, up to a total of 140. Connects now expire one year from when they were acquired.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Connects-Change-Rollout-Update-and-Frequently-Asked-Qu...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

You're going to be waiting for a long time. There are no more free connects. (This was announced in April and was implemented in May-June of this year.) If we use all our connects, we have to buy them for $0.15 each (in batches of ten) or join the premium plan which includes a monthly allotment. We can roll them over month to month, up to a total of 140. Connects now expire one year from when they were acquired.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Connects-Change-Rollout-Update-and-Frequently-Asked-Qu...

Phyllis G wrote:

You're going to be waiting for a long time. There are no more free connects. (This was announced in April and was implemented in May-June of this year.)

It's truly amazing how many still come here wondering where their connects are. I swear I got notified at least 3 times, not including the multiple notifications on the site and in the forums. smh

This is really not fair to those freelancers who can`t get jobs, because they can spend all of their connections without any guaranty they will get a job. If you want to set those kinds of rules, then it would be appropriate to make an option for freelancers to cancel bidding and return his bids (connections), if a client doesn't apply after 3-5 days. 

Nikola R wrote:

This is really not fair to those freelancers who can`t get jobs, 

But fair to the ones who can, so it's a net win for everyone but the losers I guess.

Nikola R wrote:

This is really not fair to those freelancers who can`t get jobs, because they can spend all of their connections without any guaranty they will get a job. If you want to set those kinds of rules, then it would be appropriate to make an option for freelancers to cancel bidding and return his bids (connections), if a client doesn't apply after 3-5 days. 

Capitalism is not built on a foundation of fairness. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths