Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly payment

jeluzardo
Julio L Member Since: Mar 14, 2019
11 of 12

Hi Petra,

Let's look at this from customer's point of view. The customer is a  30 million dollar a year retailer, their Accounts Payable personnel are swamped having to pay thousands of bills a month, instead of having to pay me 4 times a month, they only do a single payment once a month. Convenient for them and not a real problem for me. I've been working for them for several months and have had no problems with them.

Janet A Member Since: Feb 1, 2019
12 of 12

Many companies and freelancers are fine with monthly contracts and monthly payment.   We do wish Upwork would provide this feature without having to use fixed price.  I am also a freelancer and have to submit my taxes and receipts...so 3 invoices a quarter vs 12 to translate is a concern for me.   The hourly limit on a weekly basis is impossible to manage.   Lots of business work is monthly, with some peak work in a few days of the month with small amounts of time required throughout the rest of the month.  Look at an accountant,  lots of time at month end closing and a few hours the rest of the month.  If i use a weekly contract, I have to set the hourly limit high such as 20 hours a week or 100 hours a month, when the total work is 30 hours a month.    The other way I handled this in the past was to have the company set the weekly limit high and I only submitted one bill using manual time the last week of the month...again just a hack to get around the need to be able to work monthly.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS