🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » More filtering options in the job feed
Page options
dataextract
Community Member

More filtering options in the job feed

Nowadays I can see lot of spam posts as reported by many others here. 

Sick and tired of reporting them again and again.

Upwork has to do something to block the posts which contains telegram / whatsapp links to contact the spammers / scammers.

Else please provide us an option to filter out payment unverified posts or filter out those with the wordings **Edited for Community Guidelines** or similar links to Whatsapp. 

It is very much irritating and frustrating to see most of the jobs in the job feed are spam ones.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm a freelancer and I can go to the custom search page by going directly here: https://www.upwork.com/nx/jobs/search/

The exclude (filter out) option is visible after clicking Advanced Search under the search field.

About saving, I'm not sure, but the RSS feed is changed on each customization (including the Jobs per Page), and so I use it in my reader.

I use Inoreader. I need to click Refresh everytime I want to get the latest feed, but I can live with it because unlike an installed reader it's available "everywhere".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, if Upwork won't block them, give us a way to do it ourselves.

yofazza
Community Member

You can exclude unverified clients or some custom keywords in the advanced search.

All jobs in the attached screenshot will gone if I exclude colomlisa.

Also, I've actually been using an RSS reader to browse for new jobs and somehow I'm not seeing that many/ridiculous lists of consecutive 20+ identical spam in a row. And I'm also not using any custom keyword for the RSS feed, only select some categories, countries, and price.

Thanks. I can able to see "Payment verified" clients only selection option in the Agency job search page. How about that in the freelancer page? Also is it possible to save this custom search with those filter options saved?

How about filtering out certain words?

I'm a freelancer and I can go to the custom search page by going directly here: https://www.upwork.com/nx/jobs/search/

The exclude (filter out) option is visible after clicking Advanced Search under the search field.

About saving, I'm not sure, but the RSS feed is changed on each customization (including the Jobs per Page), and so I use it in my reader.

I use Inoreader. I need to click Refresh everytime I want to get the latest feed, but I can live with it because unlike an installed reader it's available "everywhere".

Interesting. Thanks, I'll give all that a try.

About saving, I'm not sure

I just read in another thread, the customized search can actually be saved. The button is there, quite big, not sure why I didn't see it earlier.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths