cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: More than one bank account

iamfreelancer
Naveed R Member Since: Nov 25, 2015
1 of 23

Can I add two different bank accounts from two different countries? I travel back and forth between two countries and would like the option to withdraw my earnings in the country where I am currently at. But I do not wish to change my primary location in my profile which is Australia, as it helps me get Australia specific jobs. 

Thanks in advance. 

dreamseller
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
2 of 23

Probably not , at least not in current system as it allows only one Bank Account ( we need to remove existing one to add another ) . 

However Payoneer card is usable globally as far as i know of . 

kapia
Karol T Member Since: Mar 26, 2014
3 of 23

I have this same problem. They answered it couldn't be done, you can only have one account linked to your main address in the country you live.

dreamseller
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
4 of 23

@Karol T wrote:

I have this same problem. They answered it couldn't be done, you can only have one account linked to your main address in the country you live.

Using Payoneer card might be a solution , maintenance and fees will be on higher side though .  

iamfreelancer
5 of 23

Yes Payoneer becomes costly with it's withdrawal and foreign currency conversion fees. 

iamfreelancer
6 of 23

Is there any restrictions on the number of times I can change my location? 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 23

re: "Is there any restrictions on the number of times I can change my location?"

Upwork wants contractors' specified location to accurately indicate where they actually live, but Upwork does not want people to change locations frivolously.

If you are travelling, do NOT change your location.

If you move to a different place permanently, you should change your location.

Location information is one of the main pieces of information that Upwork checks in its efforts to identify dishonest/fraudulent contractors. Upwork will not reveal the details of its anti-fraud algorithms because it does not want to game the system.

Is there an official restriction on the number of times you can change your location?

No.

Are you going to invite trouble and potentially problemantic attention from Upwork if you change your location too many times?

Yes.

f820206d
Samantha G Member Since: Apr 20, 2020
8 of 23
I live half of the year in one country and the other half in another, I can not use funds from the account currently listed in the country I will be leaving to in a few weeks, what would be the best course of action?
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
9 of 23

Hi Samantha,

Just to confirm, would you like to add a different billing method to your account?

-Joanne
Untitled
f820206d
Samantha G Member Since: Apr 20, 2020
10 of 23
A different billing address from a different country.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS