Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one bank account

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
11 of 23

Hi Samantha,

You're free to make updates to your account location in order to reflect your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly. Please follow the steps described here for changing these settings on your account, including address. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Helen M Member Since: Nov 25, 2015
12 of 23

And if I have team  account, and 2 managers, and I need option to widthraw funds to 2 people? One of us may travel or away, the 2nd will take care about business. So I need to add 2 bank accounts for 2 people. How can I do this?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 23

Hi All,

Here are responses to the questions that came up on this thread:

Q: Can a freelancer add more than one bank account as a withdrawal method?

A: Yes, as long as the name on the bank account matches the name on the Upwork profile. Please, note that one bank account should be selected as primary for scheduled withdrawals. Withdrawals to non-primary accounts will have to be done manually.

Q: Can the bank accounts be based in different countries?

A: Yes. If there are any specific issues or a verification needs to be done, you will be informed by our team.

Q: Can an agency have more than one bank account for withdrawals?

A: Yes, similarly to freelancer accounts. If you intend to use a company bank account, you may be requested to provide a proof that you are authorized to use that account.

I hope this information helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Kevin C. N Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
14 of 23

Hi Valeria,

Sorry to refloat such an old post, but I wonder has this policy changed since the time this was written?

I'm a UK resident but I will soon be moving to Spain for a few months for work reasons. I would like to be able to set up my Spanish bank account as a secondary account, so that I can receive Upwork payments on that account for as long as I'm in Spain, but when I try to add it to my "Direct to Local Bank" information I'm only allowed to enter a second UK account. 

I find that the only way to do this would be changing my address back and forth whenever I travel to Spain, but it feels as that would seem way more "suspicious" to Upwork than simply allowing me to add the information of my Spanish account, nothing to hide after all, but I can't seem to find the way to do so... Any help possible?

Thanks!!

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 23

Hi Kevin,

Our team is looking into the information you provided and we'll follow up with you soon.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Kevin C. N Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
16 of 23

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Kevin,

Our team is looking into the information you provided and we'll follow up with you soon.

Sorry, but any news on this? Thanks!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 23

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, no news yet. There is no way to add multiple accounts from different countries currently but the team is discussing ways to make it happen.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Reem H Member Since: Feb 8, 2017
18 of 23

@Kevin C. N wrote:

Hi Valeria,

Sorry to refloat such an old post, but I wonder has this policy changed since the time this was written?

I'm a UK resident but I will soon be moving to Spain for a few months for work reasons. I would like to be able to set up my Spanish bank account as a secondary account, so that I can receive Upwork payments on that account for as long as I'm in Spain, but when I try to add it to my "Direct to Local Bank" information I'm only allowed to enter a second UK account. 

I find that the only way to do this would be changing my address back and forth whenever I travel to Spain, but it feels as that would seem way more "suspicious" to Upwork than simply allowing me to add the information of my Spanish account, nothing to hide after all, but I can't seem to find the way to do so... Any help possible?

Thanks!!

In case this hasn't been resolved yet, 

maybe you can sign up for a Payoneer account (I can send you my referral code) and add both your bank accounts (no Payoneer card needed)

it can be a temporary solution at least. 

Highlighted
Naveed R Member Since: Nov 25, 2015
19 of 23

Payoneer is a temporary band-aid option because of it's withdrawal fees and foreign currency conversion fees when you are withdrawing outside your card's original currency. 

I wonder why Upwork being a freelancer platform restricts to only account from a single country rather than multiple accounts from multiple countries. At the very least I think it should allow you to add 3 bank accounts of 3 countries. 

Highlighted
Helen M Member Since: Nov 25, 2015
20 of 23

Agree with previous member "At the very least I think it should allow you to add 3 bank accounts of 3 countries. At the very least I think it should allow you to add 3 bank accounts of 3 countries. 

Agency plus plan I think should have  possibility to add some bank accounts (for people from this agency) Agency owner should have possibility to add bank accounts for at least 2-3 people. We shouldn't be tied into one city, one country. Upwork telling in it's advertisement - you can work from any place at the world, right ? But require from freelancers there to stay at one place and you will definitely got problems with oun money widthraw when travelling or moving to other location, or even simply when open new credit card when old expired???

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS