Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one bank account

Highlighted
Community Leader
Kevin C. N Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
21 of 23

I agree with Naveed on the fact that Payoneer can be used as a band-aid option, but surely it shouldn't be the only option for freelancers who need to access their earnings from different countries. Personally, I think it would make no sense for me to have to send the funds to the UK and then to Spain, having to support the costs and fees of changing from USD to GBP and then to EUR... I think it would be much easier to allow for a secondary account to be added to my payment options. 

The only option I see would be to change my location to Spain, change my bank account details to my Spanish account, and then doing the same when I return to the UK, but if I'm lucky enough for this job to recur I know eventually someone will knock on my door asking why I change my location from the UK to Spain every now and then. Not to mention how confusing this might seem for my clients. I understand the need for anti-fraud/scam measures, maybe this should not be an option for newly created profiles, but surely freelancers with a spotless track record should be able to set this up in one way or another.

Highlighted
Community Leader
22 of 23

I love Upwork, it's definitely changed my way of working in a very positive way, but as Helen, I find it ironic that one of the best things about Upwork is the "work whenever/wherever" philosophy, yet you must be tied to one bank account to do this (Sure, you can also use platforms like paypal/payoneer, but you get the point). 

Highlighted
Community Leader
23 of 23

Hi everyone! I posted this last week but I didn't really get a solution yet: I'm told the team is looking into it but it would be good to know if this actually means that something is going to change or if it's just "in the team's mind for the future".

As time goes by, I'm closer to the date when I will be moving to a different country for a few months, and I'm not sure what to do: I don't want to risk any potential blocks on my account by changing countries back and forth, but I would like to be able to send funds to my abroad account for as long as I'm not in the UK. Other than paying to use services such as Payoneer, is there a way to know what Upwork's position is on this? Will it be ok if I just change my location and add my new bank information? I still think this would be confusing for current clients that will see I'm now in a different country, Spain, which is not an English-speaking country, and my ability to get new jobs may suffer the cost... Any help is welcome!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS