🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: More than one client from the same compan...
Page options
juan-jurado-coll
Community Member

More than one client from the same company

Hello,

I'm a translator working here at Upwork since 2014. I have around 70% of long term clients. Sometimes the same company uses more than one account to hire me for different jobs. Could you please stop charging me an extra 10% fee for new customer when it's evident that I'm working with a former client?

Best regards,

Juan

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Juan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket so that we can investigate this further and advise you accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Juan J wrote:

Hello,

I'm a translator working here at Upwork since 2014. I have around 70% of long term clients. Sometimes the same company uses more than one account to hire me for different jobs. Could you please stop charging me an extra 10% fee for new customer when it's evident that I'm working with a former client?

If the client company uses different accounts (rather than different teams / client companies under the same account,) it will always count as a different client relationship and therefor the fee scale starts at 20% again.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Juan J wrote:

Hello,

Best regards,

Juan

Just ask them to hire you from one account only. 

I had the same problem recently, asked the new client to hire me via his colleague's Upwork account, and they agreed.

Minor problem now is that he can't see info like my work diary. I'd like to advise him on the best way to log in to his colleague's account. Does he need to use his colleague's login details, or is it possible to create an additional username/login for the one account? (He's already been added to one his colleague's chat rooms, which is where we're communicating.)

I'm starting to wonder whether it would have been better to just pay the extra fees, rather than putting my client to this extra effort.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths