Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most Productive Hours of the Day?

trowsell
Trevor R Member Since: May 21, 2017
1 of 5

Hello All,

I am a part-time freelancer who also works full-time, 7am - 3pm.  I am married with two young children who are involved in all sorts of extracirricular activities.  I also volunteer once a week and try to budget some time for my social life and personal interests (i.e. playing sports).

Having said all of this, most weeks I manage to squeeze in my 15-20 hours of freelancing between the hours of 8 - 11pm.  During this time I am able to focus 100% of my attention to my work and despite being dead tired some days, I would consider 8 - 11pm as my most productive hours of the day.  Only getting 5 - 6 hours of sleep a night will probably catch up to me one day but it seems to suffice for now.

How about you?  When do you find that you are most productive during the day?  How about others who also juggle a full-time job, family and a social life?  Is it also once the kids go to bed?  Just looking for some reassurance that I am not the only zombie out there roaming the streets with large bags under my eyes!

-Trevor R.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

I don't know how people with kids do it. I babysat my niece for one day..not even a full day.. and got nothing done. I thought I'd take a test on here cuz you know she's 1 and she'll sit there. Oh no, maybe after the first question she started crying and wanted my attention. Test failed. I got 0 done that day.

I thanked my sister for reminding me why I decided not to have kids.

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
3 of 5

Jennifer M. posted:

I don't know how people with kids do it. I babysat my niece for one day..not even a full day.. and got nothing done. I thought I'd take a test on here cuz you know she's 1 and she'll sit there. Oh no, maybe after the first question she started crying and wanted my attention. Test failed. I got 0 done that day.

I thanked my sister for reminding me why I decided not to have kids.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Just think, Jennifer, you were a kid once.  Or, if you're like my hubby:  "I may grow older, but I'll never grow up."  Smiley Wink

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
4 of 5

I couldn't do all that. I can't imagine freelancing AND working full time in the brick and mortar world. No wonder you're exhausted.

That said, I just billed 223 hours over the last 3 weeks. I haven't spoken to a friend or family for days. I'm not actually sure where I live anymore and I burst into tears when I watched a video of an baby elephant chasing birds. 

I clearly have work/life balance issues.

datasciencewonk
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
5 of 5

It depends on the day. 

I used to work full time and FL part time. It was exhausting.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS